Built stock D44- axles locker now intermittant seal leak

So I had a mechanic that works on the side (hes a Jeep Mechanic during the day) build my D44 non rubi stock axle. He added an ARB Air locker and used Tenfactory chromoly 35 spline shafts. I drive the thing around and find no leak but I am still in the intel phase because I got a significant leak out of the drivers side when I engaged the rear locker. Is this possible or am I just thinking the locker can cause a leak. On the same note he put a Metalcloak adjustable rear track bar on but he used the stock mounting hole. I have a 2.5 teraflex spring lift for now but it did have the rear track bar bracket from Teraflex. He said since I am using an adjustable track bar I don't need the bracket but I have seen them recommended by both TF and Metalcloak. Its leaking on the drivers side more so when the locker is on I think. I only put about 30 miles on it so far because I'm scared its going to run out of fluid but I checked it today and its fine.

So I need some intel on 35 spline axle seals,
I need intel on ARB air lockers
I need intel on rear track bar correction brackets.

I should have just went with the D60 rear, my front Dyantrac Pro rock 44 is solid so far. Jeeps!!!!!
Thanks guys and girls.

After driving it I see it still leaks when it gets warm but not as much as when the locker is on. I am thinking I just need to replace the seal and life gets better for a while I hope.

WJCO

Meme King
Post a pic if you can. Is it leaking from a seal or the breather tube? It is possible that it was just overfilled.

Leaking from the seal at the drivers side. It comes out behind the dust shield. So all the way out. Just thinking seal for now.

MacRubi2

Wouldn't you have to replace the inner axle seals going from a non Rubi 30 spline axle to a 35 spline axle or would the smaller seal actually seal against the larger axle

Did he press in the seals or did they come pre pressed? Maybe he knicked it during the install...

This kit didn't have the seals, bearing or retainer pressed so its a real possibility it got dinged somewhere. I am going to take it apart within a few days and get the new stuff pressed back on. I will say that Tenfactory is a very cool company and I got the replacement stuff overnighted to me. I just need to stop working on work and find time to work on my Jeep.

All fixed. Tenfactory is awesome. The bearing wasn't pressed far enough on the axle shaft. New stuff installed easily and no leaks. On to getting my 500 mile break in.

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 38
Top Bottom