Pro Rock 44 and JKS Quicker Discos- not so quick

So I have a new ProRock 44 tacked in my J/K and my mechanic told me that since Dynatrac moved the trac bar mount a little outward the JKS discos don't disco at the lower passenger side. I tried it and find interference with the bracket. I am sure I can take a grinder to the support and give ti some clearance but I have a hard time grinding on the axle right now.

What do you guys with PR44's and NOT a RUBI in its original life do for discos?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I ran into the same problem with mine. I am not running JKS but should work the same. What I did was made a removable pin for the right side out of a bolt that I drilled for the clip. I slide the pin through the bracket and disco first, then hook up left side as normal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Do you have a raised trackbar bracket? Can you make the synergy bracket work with the pro rock? They have mounts that raise the links a couple inches higher.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I run into the same issue with my Rough Country Discos, I just disconnect the driver side and let the bar go up and down with the other side, it's worked for me so far.

I ran into the same problem with mine. I am not running JKS but should work the same. What I did was made a removable pin for the right side out of a bolt that I drilled for the clip. I slide the pin through the bracket and disco first, then hook up left side as normal.

Thanks to all so far and I really like this idea. Going to do this I think.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Just bought our JK couple weeks ago and it's a Rubicon but I see a lot of people including Eddie and Cindy running a Currie anti-rock bar.... What about that? I thought those were supposed to basically prevent you from having to disconnect everything but again not familiar with that setup just yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Just bought our JK couple weeks ago and it's a Rubicon but I see a lot of people including Eddie and Cindy running a Currie anti-rock bar.... What about that? I thought those were supposed to basically prevent you from having to disconnect everything but again not familiar with that setup just yet.

They don't use anti rocks. They use the stock Rubicon sway bar with an EVO no limits.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

Downfall is the antirock limits your articulation, when you could gain more disconnected.

Any chance of a picture or two of this. I think its a great idea and for some reason I am a visual learner to go along with the I break things the first 2 times then learn what I should have done. Thanks again.

Here you go. It's not a perfect solution, but it gets the job done.

Don't sell yourself short that is a frickin awesome fix and will be done on my Jeep. I did not want to invest in buying a different set of discos and this will definitely be the solution. I think JKS and Dynatrac shoud get together and contact you for the patent. Thanks again my friend Happy Jeeping!!!

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys, but It is just a pin and clip in place of a nut and bolt. I just didn't want to have to use a wrench to disconnect.
I am happy that it is going to help you out. [emoji482]

J

JKDream

Do you guys have the Synergy bracket on there?
I have what seems to be the new Dynatrac bracket - no interference.
I did notice it doesn't seem to be raised enough though.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Mine is the Dynatrac raised track bar bracket w/ ram mount. It was bought right when they were releasing them. Maybe they identified the problem and revised the design. [emoji106]

Mine is just the track bar mount that came on the axle. Its not something that can be removed or relocated. The only way to modify it is to grind the metal. Not a good solution for me so the bolt is ingenious.

Top Bottom