How to tighten down battery terminal connection?

Destroyer

Hey Guys,

So I've recently had issues with my battery. I thought it was dead, nevertheless after a quick check I noticed that the (negative) ground wire to the battery is a tad loose. This caused the following: the jeep to shut-off quick, the jeep not to have power and when driving and hitting a bump it would cause my ABS and Traction control to turn off.

I'm curious to know what methods you have used to tighten down the connections on your battery? What has worked the best for everyone? I'm going to assume bumpy roads and off-roading hasn't helped me. Want to make sure those connections don't come loose again.

Options from what I've read:

1) Lynx Battery Cap
2) Install new Gold Terminal ends clamps
3) Cut a copper pipe enough to fill the void of the terminal end
4) I've heard of copper band or copper tape

Nevertheless, I do plan on replacing the battery either way as it's probably time.

Thank you in advance!

Oh, and after doing some research I probably should remove some of my aux cables of the tightening nut, lol. That's probably my issue...either way if you guys have a pic of your batter setup please post it!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Have a little note book full of them. Let me know if you ever need me to look something up. Figured it answered the question and sounded better than smash the lead together haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man, I though it was some kind of sacred ritual that has been passed down form your grandfather and his grandfather before that and has been kept a secret until now.... way to spill the beans bro [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

I'm a little surprised this question comes up so often.
It doesn't come with a nut from the factory, so you need an M6-1.0 Flange Nut.

Battery_Terminals.jpg

J

JKDream

I always had issues with the stock connections even without anything wired to that center nut.
Personally I'd just put new terminals on. There's an easy way to cut the stock one so you don't have to crimp anything.
I'll see if I can grab a photo later.

Top Bottom