Half doors reduce dust inside?

GraniteCrystal

One thing my wife didn't like on our last outing was the amount of dust that accumulated in the Jeep. Would putting on half doors reduce that? Assume no uppers. Or does it still come in the the top portion and cover everything?

Bierpower

Hooked
I find even with full doors (soft top on with the windows removed) the dust comes in through the back. With the front windows up it doesn't get the dash so bad but it's still a visible layer of dust.

Sent from my XT1565 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

I would think so. When I'm running without doors it seems like most of the dust is down around the bottom part of my seats. Would it be enough to keep the wife happy? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
One thing my wife didn't like on our last outing was the amount of dust that accumulated in the Jeep. Would putting on half doors reduce that? Assume no uppers. Or does it still come in the the top portion and cover everything?

Dust would still cover everything.

I ran full top, only rear windows down on a dirt forest road thinking it wouldn't be so bad - I was wrong, dust was getting sucked in and it was everywhere.

In Moab I rarely roll the windows down but still end up with a layer of dust all over the inside.

Last time I was in Colorado it wasn't so bad but I was told it had rained a few days before.

Dust is magnetic to open jeeps

HoosierWolf

In a word, no.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, I have full doors but the windows are down and the top off whenever it isn't raining. My jeep is constantly covered in dust even just driving around town. I'm sure it helps some but really, I agree it really wouldn't make a big enough difference to we worth the expense. Unless you were planning to use this as an excuse to buy them, in which case yes, it will make all the difference in the world! :thumb:

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I know when I had my RZR with a full windshield it would get pretty bad but when you would add a rear windshield it would reduce the amount of dust quite a bit. It would stop the dust from swirling around and interning from the back. Possibility same thing with the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom