Should I replace ball joints before or after wheeling trip?

lulu2533

So I was told I need new ball joints, which I already suspected. I am going wheeling at Rausch Creek in October and I usually stick to blues, rarely easy blacks. Should I get them installed before or after? Also, I will be getting Moogs. Thanks.

Sent from my VS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

So I was told I need new ball joints, which I already suspected. I am going wheeling at Rausch Creek in October and I usually stick to blues, rarely easy blacks. Should I get them installed before or after? Also, I will be getting Moogs. Thanks.

I mean if you know you need them, why would you put unnecessary wear and tear on them knowing that they could fail? :thinking:

I would install them before the trip, and also I would look into Dynatrac's ball joints

WJCO

Meme King

Get the Moogs. Replace before the trip. That way right after the trip when you're ready to replace them again, you'll have a lot of practice and you'll be able to install the Dynatrac ones even faster.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Get the Moogs. Replace before the trip. That way right after the trip when you're ready to replace them again, you'll have a lot of practice and you'll be able to install the Dynatrac ones even faster.

This :thumb:

Even tho you are only on 35s, I would want a much heavier duty ball joint than a factory replacement.

Last edited:

lulu2533

Well, I really can't install them myself soooo I guess I will just have to keep saving a little longer and go with Prosteers

Sorry, this was in response to WJCO.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
Well, I really can't install them myself soooo I guess I will just have to keep saving a little longer and go with Prosteers

You won't be disappointed with them! When they eventually have to be serviced, they are completely rebuildable that saves a lot of time, if your having someone else do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Off-road use accelerates wear on ball joints fast. Several members have had to replace regular style two or three times within a very short time. If you plan to use the jeep, the prosteers are the best out there. I'll add a video shorty showing the comparisons.

Last edited:

lulu2533

Off-road use accelerates wear on ball joints fast. Several members have had to replace regular style two or three times within a very short time. If you plan to use the jeep, the prosteers are the best out there. I'll add a video shorty showing the comparisons.

Thanks appreciate it.

Top Bottom