Griffin Radiator.....

LittleJohn05

I put a new Griffin Radiator in my 05 LJ, and still had a small leak where the reservoir tube was connected to the nipple.
New Cap-Check
Reservoir tube Nipple-check
Hose good-check
Hose clamp added-check
Tape around the threads of the nipple-one stripped nipple, and now I'm waiting for a friend with a tap and die set!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
okayyyyy.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
whut?!? Yeeaaah, ok!!

Rad-whut!!

It totally lowercased (not a word) all my letters, I wrote that in all caps. Weird. WHY WOULD IT DO THAT?!

...and now it lets me... I think this editor is racist; Censors me when I'm impersonating a black man.

LittleJohn05

Yeah they are just messing around.

I went to screw it back in like it should have easily done. Didn't work out that way. I called Griffin which I was able to speak with their main tech. He said it's a low pressure from the reserve, the Griffin caps act as a two way valve to help with the high pressure.

He said a tap and die should get me back on track with some thread sealer.

Great support from Griffin! I just shouldn't have had this issue in the first place for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah they are just messing around.

I went to screw it back in like it should have easily done. Didn't work out that way. I called Griffin which I was able to speak with their main tech. He said it's a low pressure from the reserve, the Griffin caps act as a two way valve to help with the high pressure.

He said a tap and die should get me back on track with some thread sealer.

Great support from Griffin! I just shouldn't have had this issue in the first place for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So it was already damaged? I would have done the same as you with a tap even if Griffin offered to replace it. No way I would take that radiator back out if a tap could fix it quickly. I just dealt with something like that on a tire shop that messed up a wheel stud, they asked me to bring it back but it was faster to fix it myself.

Top Bottom