Brake Line Relocation

feederic

What do you guys think of these brake lines? Another jeeper recommended buying a relocation kit to tuck them somewhere behind the frame so I don't inadvertently rip them off while wheeling. Which kits would you recommend? Any pictures of relocated brake lines?

BrakeLines.jpg

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I think I've heard of people having issues with the brake line wearing a hole where it rubs the frame, if you do it like 10frank9. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
What do you guys think of these brake lines? Another jeeper recommended buying a relocation kit to tuck them somewhere behind the frame so I don't inadvertently rip them off while wheeling. Which kits would you recommend? Any pictures of relocated brake lines?

View attachment 276146

I'd put a piece of transmission hose or similar to give it some protection from the sway bar mounts, the sway bar itself would probably not cause any issues but it looks like it's also rubbing on the mounting bracket.

how is it at full droop? and does it return to the same location after?

Last edited:

feederic

I'd put a piece of transmission hose or similar to give it some protection from the swat bar mounts, the sway bar itself would probably not cause any issues but it looks like it's also rubbing on the mounting bracket.

how is it at full droop? and does it return to the same location after?

At full droop there is still some slack, and it returns to the same spot. Looks like I'll leave it as is, thanks everyone for the feedback!

Top Bottom