Good reminder that I need a Sport cage

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Man that's terrifying. I thought about that a lot on those shelf roads when we were just there for the first time. It's a miracle the one guy made it.

Edit - newb question - do you think a cage would've helped in a fall of that distance? Or are they designed more for your basic flop on an obstacle?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

I doubt a sport cage would have done much in this situation. Maybe allowed them to not die until farther into the roll but not sure that would be better.

Way to be all morbid Adam...

But seriously, I see what you're saying. Hard to know. With the additional rigidity, they may not have rolled so far. The whole SUV basically turned into a cylinder rolling down the mountain. Or maybe the sport cage wouldn't changed a thing. All the same, I'll feel better once I have one in, especially with the family coming along.

BobNH

This sucks, and tragic as hell. All my thoughts to everyone.
As to sport cage and their survivabilty, they were ejected by what I read, so likely the cage would not have helped them. Unless also equipped with a racing harness I suppose.
This is an accident that looks all too possible for those of you out west, on any given day. Not so much here in the northeast.
Be safe out there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This sucks, and tragic as hell. All my thoughts to everyone.
As to sport cage and their survivabilty, they were ejected by what I read, so likely the cage would not have helped them. Unless also equipped with a racing harness I suppose.
This is an accident that looks all too possible for those of you out west, on any given day. Not so much here in the northeast.
Be safe out there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's sad to see this happen.
It's also the reason my wife has asked me to put a sport cage in and harnesses!

Would you rather be ejected or be in that tin can after a 600 foot roll? I'd pass on the harness.

If they had a harness they would have been picking up body parts not full bodies.

Top Bottom