Soft Top Window Cleaner

ian_roemer

I looked around and couldn't find a previous thread on this topic, but forgive me if I'm mistaken.

For those of you with soft tops/plastic windows, what do you use to clean the plastic windows?
I learned quickly from my TJ that Windex does not work (as it leaves a film).
When I hand wash my JK, I try to scrub with soapy water, but it just doesn't get all of the filth off.

Any suggestions (other than elbow grease)? :thumb:

Thanks!

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
If it's just dirty I usually have good results with invisible glass. If it's cloudy or has fine scratches then I polish it with car wax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

I've used 303 for years works really good for me. Let me clarify, I've used a soft cloth with soap and water to clean and the 303 protectant after.

What kind of "filth"? An oily film, dirt, scratches?
Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I don't have a soft top but would use this on the plastic of my race bikes to make them shine. My buddy is an aircraft mechanic and they use it on the windshield of planes to. Guess some airplane windshields are made of thick plastic. Worth giving it a shot.

IMG_0524.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
The kits on Amazon also have the vinyl conditioner that helps retain color, prevents UV damage, and acts like RainX for a while and sheds water really well.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't have a soft top but would use this on the plastic of my race bikes to make them shine. My buddy is an aircraft mechanic and they use it on the windshield of planes to. Guess some airplane windshields are made of thick plastic. Worth giving it a shot.

View attachment 276450

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

X2 all we use on planes and the ammonia in Windex eventually eats the plastic of the wind screens so I imagine it would do the same to the Jeep windows.

Top Bottom