Any off-grid jeepers in Colorado?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I know there is a somewhat similar thread. We are looking at properties and wanted to know if any jeepers are doing this. Looking for very minimal building codes. Would like to build an 800-900 sq ft structure. Colorado seems not too friendly for off griders. Missouri does so that is an option as well.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I know there is a somewhat similar thread. We are looking at properties and wanted to know if any jeepers are doing this. Looking for very minimal building codes. Would like to build an 800-900 sq ft structure. Colorado seems not too friendly for off griders. Missouri does so that is an option as well.

Thanks in advance!

If they're off-grid how are they going to respond? :thinking:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Gonna take some time. Putting house on market in bout a week and gonna rent for a tad! Gotta sweet deal on an 3 bd 3 bath over 1700 sq ft adobe for sale. Wayalife discount counts!

jeeeep

Hooked
I've reached out to several real estate agents and requested properties with no HOA - anything with HOA is out

98XJ06LJ

You don't seem to be getting many answers so far..... Lol. I too have been looking for a county in Colorado that is off grid friendly..... If there is such a place. Seems they all want their permit money and taxes, utilities want their share of your money, and they are all lobbying to make it as hard as possible for someone to just buy a piece of land and get away from the endless money suck society has become. I lived in Salida for two years and loved the area. It's not as brutal in the winter as the northern mountains ( Grand County ) and is only a couple hours to the Springs, Denver, or Pueblo. There are a good number of lots on the market in Chaffee County. That is the Salida- Cotipaxi- Buena Vista area. As long as you get away from town they aren't too bad on price either. I've been looking for something with running water.

OverKill

I have the answer, the mountains outside wheatland, Wyoming, go to a place called fletcher park route,that is where the mail stops going up the mountain, the gets dropped off & picked up there Monday Wednesday and Friday in good weather. By the way fedex & ups don't delivery there. It is above the check stations, so don't need a permit to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverKill

While you are there, don't be rustling their cattle, they get a little perturbed about it, they still brand. Hey, if you get bored, just head over to the double 4 ranch, I am sure they would not turn down the help branding, fencing, stacking hay, breaking a horse.

Rocksalt

Thanks in advance!

it is awesome that you are going to do this! good luck! I wish I were able to do the same.. someday...

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You don't seem to be getting many answers so far..... Lol. I too have been looking for a county in Colorado that is off grid friendly..... If there is such a place. Seems they all want their permit money and taxes, utilities want their share of your money, and they are all lobbying to make it as hard as possible for someone to just buy a piece of land and get away from the endless money suck society has become. I lived in Salida for two years and loved the area. It's not as brutal in the winter as the northern mountains ( Grand County ) and is only a couple hours to the Springs, Denver, or Pueblo. There are a good number of lots on the market in Chaffee County. That is the Salida- Cotipaxi- Buena Vista area. As long as you get away from town they aren't too bad on price either. I've been looking for something with running water.

Cotopaxi is sweet. Salida as well. There are a few earthships there. They are self sufficient as well. So they might be a little friendly. Colorado now has made it legal for rain water catchment. Which makes it even more possible. We were basically off grid except for electrcity when we had the cabin. We had a well, septic, gas fireplace.

Top Bottom