2-post lift for garage

tcjku

Yes - I searched no, I didn't find any topics.

I'm looking to get a lift in the garage for my Jeep, truck and car. The main purpose is for getting underneath to check torque on suspension, do oil changes and brakes / rotating tires, etc.

I figure a 2-post lid would be best, so that I can jack up the frame.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Watch craigslist and online auction sites like repocast that auction off old business equipment when they move or go out of business.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
I have used both Eagle and Atlas 2 post lifts for vehicle maintenance, today actually, and they're both rated well and do a competent job.
Piece of advice - either rent or buy a torque wrench capable of 700 + ft lbs to torque the support bolts properly. Wouldn't want your vehicle to come crashing down on you, lift & all, for something so easily prevented.

Courtesy is given. Respect is Earned.

RCVRY

Just my opinion: I wouldn't trust a 2-post lift anchored to residential concrete. Professional install would be safest.
Or, for diy install, a 4-post with a bridge jack would work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Just my opinion: I wouldn't trust a 2-post lift anchored to residential concrete. Professional install would be safest.
Or, for diy install, a 4-post with a bridge jack would work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

this ^^ I looked into a 2 post and they recommended cutting out a section of cement in order to create a thicker mounting pad.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would see if you have a local bendpac authorized dealer and have them install the lift for you. That way you know it was done correctly. Or even any brand, at least they can get you in touch with the correct people to install. I was just reading the other day on my one bmw forum that a guy bought a lift, and then the local place took delivery, and then delivered and installed the lift for what seemed like a good deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom