Any tips for getting rid of the rust on the undercarriage of a rubicon

TrailHunter

Hooked
I ran across a product called "Dr X" at a local hot rod swap meet... the guy was spraying it on old parts and rust would slowly disappear. (I only watched the guy demonstrate for about 10 min.) Supposedly it won't harm the painted areas... It could be a total scam so be cautious. I've been meaning to research it more and maybe give it a try on my 65 chevy...

Brute

Hooked
I've used POR-15 many years ago on boat trailers...you only need to knock of very loose scale...but you don't sand it...like Overlander says, it catalyzes the rust into a black hard surface

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've used POR-15 many years ago on boat trailers...you only need to knock of very loose scale...but you don't sand it...like Overlander says, it catalyzes the rust into a black hard surface

Ed, do those antirust modules work? A couple of my Hawaii guys say they really do work.

A couple of my friends that run commercial salting trucks (plowing GM's employee lots) swear by Eastwood chassis saver over por 15. I haven't had a chance to try either yet personally

Top Bottom