Oil Transmission Protection

jku612

Hello. I've been lurking for a while. Just starting to work on my Jeep. I'm looking for some advice on skids. I have a 2016 JKU with auto transmission, factory wheels and suspension. This is a daily driver, camping, trail, adventure vehicle. I don't play in the rocks, but I have come into contact with some rocky trails and stream crossings. I added Rubicon take off rock rails. The oil pan and transmission look to be really exposed. Any suggestions for what to add? Evo skids are currently back ordered. MORE skid oil trans skid is available. I have a trip planned in a month. I would like it installed and tested out in the next week or two.

Dreman

I've got the M.O.R.E. It is well built and an easy install. There is a video on YouTube with a gentleman from M.O.R.E. installing the skid. Watch that first. He walks you through every step and it makes the install even easier.

Sent from my 2PS64 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm very happy with my M.O.R.E. too. Of course since I installed it, I've only gotten one tiny scratch on it. But that's a good thing knowing you've got that protection.

Rock Hard 4x4 makes one skid that covers both pans. It is very well designed and is an easy install. We run one on my wife's jeep. It has a flush trap door to access oil drain plug for maintenance too.

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6003.htm

X 2 Rock Hard I have there full set

ive got the rockhard on mine with no complaints so far been on there about 8 months

Rockhard here. If you don't play in rocks, I'd look into the aluminum version too, it's lighter.

View attachment 276790

Thank you!

jku612

Thank you for your replies. I'm thinking the aluminum rock hard skid is best for my application.

I'd recommend going ahead and cutting/ grinding those wings off the transfer skid so your dome washers sit nice and flat. They might fit, but I had to cut mine and saw at least one youtube video mention it as well.

Oh, and it's always good practice to make sure to inventory the hardware before planning the install. I had the wrong kit packaged with mine, but rock hard 4x4 sent me the right ones the following week.

good luck!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
One of the major design elements I like about EVO (and I run the protek on my rig)...actually 2 major design elements...

1) The skids are kind of redundant, the main belly skid makes it damn near impossible to hit the transmission at all.

2) There are holes in the skids, allowing leaves and other debris an escape, instead of building up. Leaves, pine needles, etc, all love to collect between the body and the skid, and the chance of them igniting from the exhaust increase quite a bit (I've seen it happen)

I've banged mine up, the powdercoat is peeling, but the skids are still doing their job and I have piece of mind. I also think they are priced right.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
You can’t go wrong with either one. Evo and rockhard are both awesome companies who build great products. I did end up going with the evo because it gives you more clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom