Tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How big of a tire can I put on a stock JK

Without ANY modifications, 32" or 255. That's what comes stock. You can maybe get by with some 265's but that's about it. With a leveling kit, 33's will fit and with a budget boost, 35's or 285's with some minor trimming. If you're willing to trim your fenders or run flat fenders, you can get by with a lot more stock. If you're running stock wheels, you will need wheel spacers though.

GraniteCrystal

Without ANY modifications, 32" or 255. That's what comes stock. You can maybe get by with some 265's but that's about it. With a leveling kit, 33's will fit and with a budget boost, 35's or 285's with some minor trimming. If you're willing to trim your fenders or run flat fenders, you can get by with a lot more stock. If you're running stock wheels, you will need wheel spacers though.
Adding to this...I ran 285 with stock JKUR and there was rubbing, took them back to DT after a few days and swapped them out for 265. No rubbing with those.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
This guy put 37s on a stock JKU :idontknow:

maxresdefault.jpg

stitch1

Now, I might just be a mall crawler but how is this in any way better than just installing longer links? Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

I think its so you can still run the stock back spacing on your wheels. However, if you are going to lift your Jeep like this, why wouldn't want bigger tires? If you are getting bigger tires you are probably going to want different wheels. So back to your point; why not just use longer links with proper wheel spacing?

Top Bottom