Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hey everybody so as of yesterday 9-16-17 D-day has become D-day 2.0.
Me and my wife travelled to Fayetteville to get it the new D-day is a Pearl Blue 4dr Sport 2012 with bout 94000 on it.
I am happy to finally find one that'll work better for the family.
Sadly I wish it had come without any issues but they are very minor and the deal was too good to pass.
Issues I'm facing right is possibly replacing to brake calipers on the front left and right one is sticking the other is pulling to the left.
It does needa be realigned due to a slight wobble at 40 mph. Last the digital display underneath the speedometer doesn't work dealership will fix that and hopefully the brakes.
All that aside here is D-day 2.0 as she sits
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG
D-day is already slightly upgraded as you can see I took the front right tire this evening to free up the front right caliper for now and saw
1.5 Spidertrax wheel spacers
Mamba ? 17x9s
295/70/17 BFG KO2s
Warn full width bumper with bull bar
Traveller 8000lb winch

I am gonna take my time building D-day 2.0 with the amount of wheeling sitting at a minor the upgrades will prolly be small but functional hope you enjoy the build as it progresses and if any advice on my little issues feel free to fill me in I'm all for good advice. Thank you all for being a great community.
Cheers

Build Progress:
- Rugged Ridge CB Mount
- EVO 1.5in leveling kit
- 0 - 2 in King Non-Adj Reservoir Shocks
- Pioneer Double dash head unit paired with Pioneer shallow 12s and custom enclosure
- 1000w Crunch amp
- Crown extended brake lines
- JKS front disconnects
- EVO HD rear links
- 285/70/17 BFG KO2s on Stock JL Rubicon Wheels
- EVO C gussets in front axle
- EVO CB antenna mount
- Cobra 19wx CB
- Traveller 8000lb winch on Warn Elite full width bumper (Came with Jeep)
- Trucklite LED headlight’s
- Traildash 2
- DIY paracord grab handles
- Walmart front rock lights

Build List for now
- Gonna try the Ripp Supercharger don’t have the money for a HEMI or LS so gonna do this for now
- Axle swap for a pair of built Rubicon 44s
- Rubicons transfer case
- Custom wood shift knobs
- EVO skid system
- EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger
- EVO read fascia with AEV swing our tire carrier
- LUX rgb Rick light’s
- 35 x 12.50 R17 cooper stt pros
- Ripp coil packs
- Eventually ATX slab’s

That’s it for now this right here is gonna take awhile but best to have a plan than to not have a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Congratulations on the new Jeep and I hope that the dealership gets those issues worked out for you. [emoji106]

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Congratulations on the new Jeep and I hope that the dealership gets those issues worked out for you. [emoji106]

Thanks Ty you and me both I feel as if they are minor fixes if I was to fix it myself I feel like I would be about 300 max put into it

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats!! Beautiful Jeep. FYI, poor alignment won't cause a wobble. It's likely a tire issue or worn steering component. Sometimes rotating tires front to rear will change the symptom to help you isolate it.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Congrats!! Beautiful Jeep. FYI, poor alignment won't cause a wobble. It's likely a tire issue or worn steering component. Sometimes rotating tires front to rear will change the symptom to help you isolate it.

Thanks WJCO I'm loving it more long what I was looking for.
Good advice WJCO I noticed forgive for not knowing exact Jeep terminology but the rod going from the steering to the right steering knuckle I could move it up and down!!
I'm considering giving all the joints a good greasing.
I noticed on test drive and today that the right caliper sticks and when braking it pulls left
Along with that regular driving bit pulls right with out braking and that's reason for alignment but it could the passenger side caliper sticking gonna try and find out tomorrow.

Nice color! Hopefully the little fixes are easy and you enjoy this one as much as 1.0
Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man loving the color and yes I pray that they are I'm gonna have a mechanic look at it tomorrow hopefully and get it all worked out

Just out of curiosity what is the fuse for the instrument cluster where your digital displays are

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So 300 dollar later everything is fixed no more wobble and I'm happy to say that it wasn't as bad as some of the experiences you guys have had.
So now I'm tracking down this problem
Image1505774909.419557.jpg
So the digital display doesn't work but it still warns you by beeping if your oil life is low or tire pressure is low but the display doesn't light up I'm thinking blown fuse or bulb I'm not sure how all that works any advice
D-day 2.0
Image1505775133.540336.jpg
Cheers

JKbrick

So 300 dollar later everything is fixed no more wobble and I'm happy to say that it wasn't as bad as some of the experiences you guys have had.
So now I'm tracking down this problem
View attachment 276622
So the digital display doesn't work but it still warns you by beeping if your oil life is low or tire pressure is low but the display doesn't light up I'm thinking blown fuse or bulb I'm not sure how all that works any advice
D-day 2.0
View attachment 276624
Cheers

It's a long shot but did you disconnect the battery and touch the pos and neg cables together to clear everything out and start over?

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
It's a long shot but did you disconnect the battery and touch the pos and neg cables together to clear everything out and start over?

I haven't but I'm up for anything long as it keeps me from dealing with the stealership. Thanks for the advice JKbrick

Great lookin' 2.0! I don't have an answer on your lingering problem, but sure hope someone can point you in the right direction.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Thanks USMC Wrangler I'm very happy with it so far it's definitely gonna be functional when our little Jeeper comes to the world.

Ddays

Hooked
Man, sorry I missed this yesterday! Nice 4 door! I really like that color too. How are you liking the 4dr vs the 2dr?

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Man, sorry I missed this yesterday! Nice 4 door! I really like that color too. How are you liking the 4dr vs the 2dr?

Really loving it way more room to play with and it handles a bit better being longer wheel base I reckon especially now that I've got the death wobble fixed.
Working on fixing my digital display now I reckon it's the EVIC screen underneath my speedometer I don't know if it came equipped with EVIC or not but I've got uconnect.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So D-day has some excitement to look forward in the coming weeks ahead
I have put together the first stage of the build
Stage 1
- Installed Pioneer double din dash unit
-Installed Crunch 1000w amp paired with 2 Pioneer 12in shallow mount subs and custom enclosure
- (installed)Rugged ridge windshield CB mount
-(installed)Cobra CB
-(installed 1 of 4)Type S LED interior light strips Blue
-(installed)K&N air filter
-1.5in EVO leveling kit
-EVO 7.5-8.9 in sway bar end links
-(installed)EVO CB antenna mount

Hopefully will get some pics in the coming days to show progress

Last edited:

JKbrick

So D-day has some excitement to look forward in the coming weeks ahead
I have put together the first stage of the build
Stage 1
- Installed Pioneer double din dash unit
-Installed Crunch 1000w amp paired with 2 Pioneer 12in shallow mount subs and custom enclosure
- Rugged ridge windshield CB mount
-Cobra CB
-Type S LED interior light strips Blue
-K&N air filter
-1.5in EVO leveling kit
-EVO 7.5-8.9 in sway bar end links
-EVO CB antenna mount

Hopefully will get some pics in the coming days to show progress

Did you get your dash working?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everybody so as of yesterday 9-16-17 D-day has become D-day 2.0.
Me and my wife travelled to Fayetteville to get it the new D-day is a Pearl Blue 4dr Sport 2012 with bout 94000 on it.
I am happy to finally find one that'll work better for the family.
Sadly I wish it had come without any issues but they are very minor and the deal was too good to pass.
Issues I'm facing right is possibly replacing to brake calipers on the front left and right one is sticking the other is pulling to the left.
It does needa be realigned due to a slight wobble at 40 mph. Last the digital display underneath the speedometer doesn't work dealership will fix that and hopefully the brakes.
All that aside here is D-day 2.0 as she sits

D-day is already slightly upgraded as you can see I took the front right tire this evening to free up the front right caliper for now and saw
1.5 Spidertrax wheel spacers
Mamba ? 17x9s
295/70/17 BFG KO2s
Warn full width bumper with bull bar
Traveller 8000lb winch

I am gonna take my time building D-day 2.0 with the amount of wheeling sitting at a minor the upgrades will prolly be small but functional hope you enjoy the build as it progresses and if any advice on my little issues feel free to fill me in I'm all for good advice. Thank you all for being a great community.
Cheers

I've been pretty busy and WAY BEHIND on these build thread but wanted to congratulate you on your new Jeep! Looking great and can't wait to see what you do with it :thumb:

Top Bottom