The slow build of Thelma

Shelbygreenjk

So I figured I'd go ahead and start my build thread for my first ever jeep! I got a 2013 gecko green 2 door in July, and so far have only done bumpers, seat covers and some grab handles ( because I'm short and know better than to pull myself in with the steering wheel!) but just ordered a rubicon express 2.5" lift kit! IMG_1324.jpg here she is the day I got her. The first thing I wanted to do was switch out the plastic bumpers to something that I could eventually throw a winch on in the front, and that could handle the eventual 35 spare in the rear. I ended up going with rampage for both, with a kick ass little stubby in the front and a rear with a tire carrier that swings with the tail gate. Then I decided to put them on by myself in the front yard on a week night [emoji58] IMG_1365.JPG IMG_1371.JPG it in fact took me two weeknights, one for each bumper, a lot of beer, a cheater bar for the tow hook and a conveniently sized deployment box to make it happen [emoji23] IMG_1372.JPG but it looks beautiful and only a few fingers and my head were harmed in the process! IMG_1385.JPG I'll update when I install the lift!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shelbygreenjk

So update! Since the lift came in late yesterday and I am a child with zero patience and I got off work early... Thelma is now sitting higher [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] it was a pain in the ass but here she is! IMG_1399.JPG IMG_1384.JPG IMG_1371.JPG IMG_1307.JPG before and now after IMG_1404.JPG IMG_1405.JPG IMG_1407.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom