Has anyone upgraded there speakers or add subs ?

MTG

Caught the Bug
There is a lot of information about speaker upgrades. It depends on your year and stereo level. I recently upgraded my base level speaker to some plug and play Kicker speakers (8 total). Alpine makes a powered sub that fits under the front seat. I may add it down the road, but for now this was a nice upgrade. Easy too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Kickers for sure. They're affordable, plug and play, and they carry oversize ones that you can squeeze into the dash maximizing that space. If you're looking for subs too then alpine Basslines always drop in price huge whenever cartoys has a sale. Nice clean sound for what they are.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mikeyboc

I heard the Kickers but ended up doing something a little more robust (partly because I had most of the install materials on hand). I put a set of Image Dynamics up front (not sure of the model off hand) and buoy a small box for a single Arc Audio Flatline 12 in the back. I would recommend a shallow mount sub if you go that route, I lose a chunk of storage space in the back. Amp is mounted under the front passenger seat.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What series kickers do you guys have ? I was very dissatisfied with mine, no mid or bass really, did have very clear highs though. I think they were the c series.

L7's for subs. But only if you like SOUND. If you just want to bump and bang they arent worth the premium. Dual voice coils, and NICE hits. :thumb: Though I dont have one in the jeep. My jeep has the new alpine system. I like it so far. Balance is very nice.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I run aftermarket head unit, 5ch amplifier, 4 component speakers, new wiring and 10" sub which gets removed when I go wheeling. I have one of the cheaper 8" subs in my factory enclosure for those days. I also Dynomatted the factory enclosure, it seems to help a ton. Amplifier mounted under driver seat

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
In my 2007 the kicker setup would have been nice, but in my 2015 the redesigned alpine setup while not perfect is substantially better from an imaging and fidelity standpoint.

Jkratt

I have the factory set up in my 2015, wishing I got the Alpine system to start with. Replaced the speakers with the Kicker upgrades and recently put the Alpine under the seat powered subwoofer under the driver's seat. Easy plug and play and it sounds great. Of course great is subjective since I started with such a poor system.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I went with 4 of the kicker 77kick10, basically plug and play. Used polks db1001 for tweeters in the front. For the head unit I used pioneer avh-x2800bs. Polyfilled the spaces and has a much better sound. Going to add Kenwood ksc-sw11 as a sub soon for a little added bass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom