RUBICON Sway bar issue

Eroc147

I know all about the continued flashing problems, and the electrical gremlins. But this past weekend my girlfriends sway bar disconnect stopped working. Stopped working meaning no flashing light, no no solid light, nothing. I didn't drive her Jeep so I don't know if it was possibly disconnecting with no light, but she did say that it didn't feel disconnected. I got underneath and it seemed like I could hear/feel the solenoid clicking, but wasnt as loud as when it normally clicks off. Anyone else ever had the issue of no light whatsoever and is there an easy fix? Fuse or something?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Start by unplugging the giant connector to the sway bar motor, check if it is not corroded. It happened to me but the light still worked. Also it was causing all the other cool lights to come on at highway speeds, like locking differentials and shit, definitely not fun to see.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clowe

I think it's a issue with the motor. Mine was making a buzzing noise. Save yourself the hassle and get an evo no limits. Mine caught on fire. Luckily I was right there to put it out.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I know all about the continued flashing problems, and the electrical gremlins. But this past weekend my girlfriends sway bar disconnect stopped working. Stopped working meaning no flashing light, no no solid light, nothing. I didn't drive her Jeep so I don't know if it was possibly disconnecting with no light, but she did say that it didn't feel disconnected. I got underneath and it seemed like I could hear/feel the solenoid clicking, but wasnt as loud as when it normally clicks off. Anyone else ever had the issue of no light whatsoever and is there an easy fix? Fuse or something?

The fuse is in the TIPM, J11, 30Amp (fuse box next to the battery) if the fuse is good -

Has she made any water crossings recently? mud?

as suggested, unplug the big plug on the sway bar motor and check for signs of water corrosion. What year is her Jeep?

Also check the sway bar links- check that neither are bent. If a link is bent, that will keep the sway bar from functioning.

If the sway bar links are good, drive about 5 feet in 4WD HI and activate the sway bar to release it. you need to moving to activate/deactivate the sway bar

Eroc147

The fuse is in the TIPM, J11, 30Amp (fuse box next to the battery) if the fuse is good -

Has she made any water crossings recently? mud?

as suggested, unplug the big plug on the sway bar motor and check for signs of water corrosion. What year is her Jeep?

Also check the sway bar links- check that neither are bent. If a link is bent, that will keep the sway bar from functioning.

If the sway bar links are good, drive about 5 feet in 4WD HI and activate the sway bar to release it. you need to moving to activate/deactivate the sway bar

Her Jeep is a '14. I will check the fuse. No deep water crossings, and really no crazy mud that would've gotten up in there but maybe I'm wrong. Her links looked fine. If it't not the fuse, maybe she got it with the pressure washer last time she cleaned it up. I know it worked fine last time we were out on the trail.

Top Bottom