What is this noise?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
https://youtu.be/Mwnb5T5vctY
Can anyone tell me what you may think this noise could be? I thought it was related to my pinion bearing but I just regeared and the noise that I thought was gone still is audible at times. It comes when I turn, backup, or go forward at slow speeds never at higher speeds.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Sounds like your exhaust hitting on something. I have a similar issue but it's a bit louder. More so loud on cold starts, not warmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I did notice my muffler moves freely where the pipe comes from the cat into the muffler when I was under the Jeep the other day. I tried to tighten the clamp but couldn't get it tight enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Paws

I did notice my muffler moves freely where the pipe comes from the cat into the muffler when I was under the Jeep the other day. I tried to tighten the clamp but couldn't get it tight enough.

That seems a bit too far back for the noise you are recorded. How doe the pipe look right under the drivers seat. Right where the headers come down, near the co2 sensors? Free all around and if you hit it or push on the exhaust?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
That seems a bit too far back for the noise you are recorded. How doe the pipe look right under the drivers seat. Right where the headers come down, near the co2 sensors? Free all around and if you hit it or push on the exhaust?

I'll double check tomorrow but those pipes seem fixed without any movement

SoCal_JK

I had a similar noise after installing my exhaust spacers. I found that my exhaust was making contact in two places. 1. The cross pipe was making contact with the factory skid plate. 2. The muffler was sitting a little bit further back and was making contact with the heat shield that sits between the muffler and the body. To correct the issues I readjusted the cross pipe and I bent the heat shield just enough to create clearance between it and the muffler.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Should my front driveshaft have play? I can move it slightly from left to right while it's parked. Everything else seems tight underneath

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Think I fixed one noise. I took another stab at the clamp on the pipe coming out of the cat. I was finally able to tighten it and now it doesn't move freely. So far on my first drive I didn't hear any noise. However now Im hearing a grinding noise only when I put it in reverse. It makes the noise when even I'm idling. Normal?

WJCO

Meme King
You could have a heat shield or skid plate touching something. If you trust someone enough, have them put it in reverse when ebrake on and their foot on the brake, while you look under to see if anything is touching.

Top Bottom