Build Shops in San Francisco Bay Area

tengland

Does anybody have any recommendations for great build shops in the NorCal area? So far I've narrowed my sights to The 4x4 Shop in Livermore, CA. There's also a shop in Oakland and in San Jose.

Sometime in the next 3-9 months I'm going to be ready to upgrade my stock 2016 Hard Rock (2dr) suspension. 35" tires with the smallest lift that will accommodate (either Mopar or Metalcloak Game Changer). Money is no object but intimidation factor is -- I want this done right and I've done a fair amount of research, but I'd love some extra guidance!

Anyway, if anyone has any recommendations I would be truly indebted.

Thanks for the tips!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Does anybody have any recommendations for great build shops in the NorCal area? So far I've narrowed my sights to The 4x4 Shop in Livermore, CA. There's also a shop in Oakland and in San Jose.

Sometime in the next 3-9 months I'm going to be ready to upgrade my stock 2016 Hard Rock (2dr) suspension. 35" tires with the smallest lift that will accommodate (either Mopar or Metalcloak Game Changer). Money is no object but intimidation factor is -- I want this done right and I've done a fair amount of research, but I'd love some extra guidance!

Thanks for the tips!

Shoot a few hours south and head down to off road evolution.

As for lift, skip both the mopar and metalcloak lifts. Do the evo enforcer lift. Way more comfortable than both in my opinion

tengland

As for lift, skip both the mopar and metalcloak lifts. Do the evo enforcer lift. Way more comfortable than both in my opinion

Off Road Evolution--exactly the kind of tip I was looking for. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I did not know that the mopar lift was rebadged crap. That alters my thinking. But metalcloak is crap too? That kind of surprises me

Metalcloak is great at marketing........ doesn't always make for a great product

jjdias

Thanks for the tips!

I went with The 4x4 Shop, the guys were nice and seemed very knowledgeable. I would use them again in the future. Hope this helps and I'm not to late in my reply.
I chose the 3" Enforcer with King 2.0's and 35" BFG KO2's the ride is a bit stiff under 35 mph, above that it's nice.

jesse3638

Hooked

A few its actually 6-7 hours from where he is at...haha.

I'd recommend doing some install research and tackle it yourself. Sure it may take longer but it really gives you the opportunity to learn about your Jeep. I bet there is someone close who would be willing to lend a hand or maybe even a garage. If I was closer I know I would. I had a guy drive up from LA so I could help him trim his fenders. Working on it and doing my own mods was another reason I got a Jeep...:D

tengland

I went with The 4x4 Shop, the guys were nice and seemed very knowledgeable. I would use them again in the future. Hope this helps and I'm not to late in my reply.
I chose the 3" Enforcer with King 2.0's and 35" BFG KO2's the ride is a bit stiff under 35 mph, above that it's nice.

You are not too late, and I’m glad to hear you had a positive experience since I’d really like to stay local.

tengland

A few its actually 6-7 hours from where he is at...haha.

I'd recommend doing some install research and tackle it yourself. Sure it may take longer but it really gives you the opportunity to learn about your Jeep. I bet there is someone close who would be willing to lend a hand or maybe even a garage. If I was closer I know I would. I had a guy drive up from LA so I could help him trim his fenders. Working on it and doing my own mods was another reason I got a Jeep...:D

I completely agree with the sentiment — doing the work myself means I’d likely be able to do trail repairs myself.

Unfortunately, I just don’t have the garage space :-(

jk12blk

Take it to Mike Shaffer at Shaffer's Offroad in Alameda. Great shop and Mike is a great dude. Or, bring it up to Sacto area - tons of great shops up here. I would recommend either Offroad Addiction (Newcastle) or WFO Concepts (Auburn). Metalcloak does installs too (Cloakworks) if you go that route. Check with Metalcloak first as they are moving their shop soon. Fusion4x4 makes some bad as short arms too - check them out.

Capture.JPG

Kenthejeepguy

If anyone's looking for NorCal shops outside the bay area, the two i've dealt with that are honest, reputable, and have years of jeep experience are:
Kyle's Auto & Jeep-Modesto
And
Moose's Mountain Jeep Shop-Sonora

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rhampson3

I'm in California as well. I can see getting some type of EVO coil over kit and a long arm kit some day but I would be pretty apprehensive about having any shop near me do that kind of welding on my rig.

Top Bottom