Critter Build

critter812

brand new.jpg

So I will play catch up. This is Critter when I bought it in March of 2017.

2017 Jeep Jk Freedom Edition
3.6L Penstar Motor
Soft top
Gobi in color
3.21 Gears

At first I figured I would play stock and just push the limitations and see where they lead me as far as what to upgrade! and boy did they they also lead me to make some not preferred choices but a few moths later my wife decided she also wanted a jeep so all my choices that were not right for me get handed down to her jeep.

critter812

Let me introduce Red Ritter who will be getting all of the choices i made and changed directions added to her.

2017 JKU Big Bear Edition
3.73 gears
3.6L

4F898716-437C-4810-8FB1-54D513F381B5.jpg

Last edited:

critter812

I added some things to make it mine and things from experience with My CJ5 that I knew were essential.

Front Bumper and Winch this was first winch a smittybilt and that eventually went to RED. Don't judge me for my Angry Grill there is a story behind it.
firstfront.jpg
Side Rails and my really cool Antenna
45783B51-7881-4759-B30B-A02EC98AF409.jpg

critter812

Flat nasty in MO

So it was time for a shake down! took it to flat Nasty off-road park in MO. Still had drive out tags! :idontknow:
Flat Nasty.jpg

critter812

Decided needed new shoes and a lift but it had to wait since I decided to change jobs and move from St Charles MO to Raleigh NC. Once We got settled in i already had bought new 18X10 wheels before the move so I ordered some 35" Hankook MT's and a teraflex 2.5" lift

Install going on in my garage of lift.
lift3.jpg
Out with the old
lift2.jpg
And all done
Jeep 3.jpg

critter812

After lift My OCD kicked in and I could not stand my front and rear being 1/4" off so ordered and installed front JKS adjustable track bar and rear ready lift adjustable track bar.
front
fronttrack.jpg
rear
reartrack.jpg

installed OBA system
OBA5.jpg
OBA2.jpg
OBA4.jpg

So today I ordered EVO Rock Skins and I am still trying to decide on flat fenders!

Also on Order

4.56 Gears for Dana44 rear and dana 30 front
ARB locker for the Dana 44 out back

Reason why I did not order ARB's for both is simple I have played this game before. I plan to do it right and I do not have unlimited funds to flush.

So Future upgrades in order

1. Flat Fenders
2. Prorock 44 W/ARB
3. Rubicon Swaybar this may float up in priority if I find a takeoff for a good price.
4. Coilovers including new front and rear Driveshafts
5. 37" Tires

fun in the mud post lift install
Jeep 2.jpg

critter812

Updates IMG_2671.jpg
Removed my fenders in prep for flat fenders that are on the way!
IMG_2674.JPG
Got rear inner fenders bed lined!

IMG_2669.jpg

License plate relocated temporarily so I can still drive until kit gets here on Monday

Also got some UFO's on order for tailgate and hood!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

critter812

so some updates from this week. finally got my inner fenders, flat fenders and rear bumper in also installed some rock lights.
flat fenders.jpg
flat2.jpg
rock lights.jpg
fender liner.jpg

Will get some pics of the rear bumper with my 3rd brake light I made tonight

critter812

wheeling at Uwharrie

So took Critter out to see Uwharrie this weekend had a great time and did not break anything! it did however reveal whats next for Critter. I just placed order for Danatrac Trail Leader Axle Pack. going 4.88 and ARB's front and rear. I am undecided if I want to spend money on getting a rubicon Sway bar or not it is simple enough to pull my JKS's off at the trail head. anyone have any pro's or Con's except it's just faster?

Uahrrie1.jpg
Uwahrrie2.jpg
uwharrie3.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
anyone have any pro's or Con's except it's just faster?

I put the Rubi sway bar with manual disconnect in instead of quick disconnects. It is really quick/convenient (and the price was the same as quick discos), but I don't see any advantage other than that. If you've already got quick disconnects, I wouldn't bother.

Did you keep those massive tailpipes off the ground? One trip and I'd have those things flat lol

critter812

I put the Rubi sway bar with manual disconnect in instead of quick disconnects. It is really quick/convenient (and the price was the same as quick discos), but I don't see any advantage other than that. If you've already got quick disconnects, I wouldn't bother.

Did you keep those massive tailpipes off the ground? One trip and I'd have those things flat lol

This trip I did new exhaust is on order these will be moved to wife's jeep as it is more of a Mall Crawler come rescue me Jeep!

Top Bottom