Are these salvageable

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Guy is selling some jks quick discos but has some rust. Could this be cleaned and repainted? It also looks to the point it's eating away at welds. My gut says no. zcamera-20170919_145548.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

SaskJeeps

They don't look terrible. But discos are cheap enough to buy new. Unless these are dirt cheap

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

fiend

Caught the Bug
They're not pretty but that looks like surface corrosion to me, though the top one may have some pitting in the shaft portion.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Guy is selling some jks quick discos but has some rust. Could this be cleaned and repainted? It also looks to the point it's eating away at welds. My gut says no. View attachment 276723

I'd say it depends on the price, considering they are pretty cheap new. They look pretty short too. What lift are you running? Might want to make sure they will adjust out to the proper length for your specific ride height.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Guy is selling some jks quick discos but has some rust. Could this be cleaned and repainted? It also looks to the point it's eating away at welds. My gut says no. View attachment 276723

I wouldn't bother unless they're free.

as cheap as they are new, too much time to invest in cleaning them up. Do the nuts spin easily? are they easily adjustable to a longer length?

how do the zerk fittings look?

the bushings look like they need to be replaced.

stainless post threads look pretty buggered up...

IMO unless they are free, it would be cheaper in time and cost to buy new ones

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I offered 25 just to test the waters but he went silent so I'm assuming he wasn't happy with the offer. I can only imagine what he really wants for them

fiend

Caught the Bug
I think the question on these is, would you stop and pick them out of the dumpster, or keep on walking. Tough decision.

Top Bottom