Wave from across the pond

windowlicker

Finally took delivery of my new JKU Overland in Granite Crystal Metallic. I love this colour! The Overland model in Europe is essentially a Sahara with every available option, heated leather seats, GPS Uconnect Multimedia with sub-woofer etc.

Diesel of course. I seriously considered a Rubicon, but you can't get them with a diesel, and I couldn't justify 15mpg when we pay $7 a gallon over here. And there really aren't any opportunities to go boulder bashing in England. My previous 09 JKU Sport had the diesel with the manual box, and consistently got over 30mpg, so I'm hoping this one won't be far behind with the auto. And it has more torque than a Hemi!

I'm not planning to modify it any time soon, though I kept the new Rubicon wheels that I recently fitted to my old Sport. Just enjoying that new car smell for now. It was worth the wait :rock:

20170916_105733.jpg

Last edited:

longarmwj

Welcome from Georgia!!!

Just out of curiosity, what is the offroading scene like out there?? I've never really seen or heard what the UK has to offer as far as trails and such

210JKU

Welcome! I just arrived in the U.K. about 2 months ago. Still in the process of getting my Jeep shipped over. Had an oil leak so got to get that fixed.

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

windowlicker

Thanks for the warm welcome. Actually I joined the forum when I got my old Jeep a few years ago, but haven't posted much. So the wave was from my new Jeep rather than me :D

To answer questions: I'm based in Sussex, on the south coast of England. Wheeling opportunities are very limited here, especially in the south, but there are a couple of pay'n'play "4x4" sites in disused quarries. They tend to be mud baths, and don't appeal to me. There is an active http://jeep-club.co.uk/ and they organise various events, including "green lane" tours on trails that are open to off road vehicles, but tend to be overgrown. OK, if you don't mind bramble scratches.

My off road adventures tend to be confined to the land where we keep our horses. There's always something to do, mending fences, clearing ditches etc. Here's Dusky, eyeballing the new Jeep. He liked to chew on the old one, hence the distance.

20170916_151823.jpg

Top Bottom