Wave from Chicagoland!

Durasmack

Hello everyone!
My name is Mike and I have an addiction. A Jeep addiction. I have lost count of how many different Jeeps i've had, but wag about 15! Bought my first 1976 CJ5 with a 3 speed manual, 304V8 and soft top back in 1987 and have been addicted ever since!

I am the current care taker of:
1978 CJ7 full on offroad that took 3 years out of my life to build. New TDK frame, Dana 60 and 14 Bolt, 383 SBC Crate Engine with a TH400 and Atlas 2.
1984 CJ7 that is in dire need of a frame due to the salt on the roads from the good old Pennsylvania Winters!
2008 JKU Sport for my dad (traded him this for the 84 CJ7)
2009 JKU Rubicon with a manual trans- I bought this one new and right away put on an AEV 3-1/2" Lift, AEV front and rear bumpers, 35" BFG's with some Discount Tire brand wheels.

We took the Jeep out to Moab in June and quickly found out two things.
1. We loved Moab and the type of offroading that it offers
2. The Jeep the way it sat with a Manual Trans and the minivan engine needed to go!

So... this brings me to the Wayalife Forum!
The 09 Rubi is currently undergoing a complete rebuild as follows.

-6.2L LS3 installed by RMP Extreme in Alabama. Install complete, but due to timing and hurricane issues i have not gotten her back yet (hope to fly down and drive it home next week)
- GM 6L80 transmission (converted from 6 speed manual)
-Terraflex R44 axle housing with my stock components
-Terraflex Upper and Lower Control Arms
- Chrome Moly axles
-Big Front Brakes (not sure which one yet)
-LoD Signature Series Shorty Front Bumper (with Blue Ox tow tabs installed at LoD)
-LoD Destroyer Shorty Rear bumper with tire carrier
- Poison Spyder Aluminum Crusher Flares front and rear (not sure if powder coat black, or paint red.... leaning toward paint red)
- Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers
- Black Rhino Sprocket Wheels
- 37x12.50x17 BFG TA/KM2's

Need to decide on sport cage, really like the Evo sport cage, but can't find anyone who has installed in an 2007-2011... website says it's available, but would like to see someone who has it installed.

Anyhow! Hello again from Chicagoland!

Attachments

• L1010872.jpg
    L1010872.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7450.jpg
    IMG_7450.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7267.jpg
    IMG_7267.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 41

Dmac08JK

Hello everyone!
My name is Mike and I have an addiction. A Jeep addiction. I have lost count of how many different Jeeps i've had, but wag about 15! Bought my first 1976 CJ5 with a 3 speed manual, 304V8 and soft top back in 1987 and have been addicted ever since!

I am the current care taker of:
1978 CJ7 full on offroad that took 3 years out of my life to build. New TDK frame, Dana 60 and 14 Bolt, 383 SBC Crate Engine with a TH400 and Atlas 2.
1984 CJ7 that is in dire need of a frame due to the salt on the roads from the good old Pennsylvania Winters!
2008 JKU Sport for my dad (traded him this for the 84 CJ7)
2009 JKU Rubicon with a manual trans- I bought this one new and right away put on an AEV 3-1/2" Lift, AEV front and rear bumpers, 35" BFG's with some Discount Tire brand wheels.

We took the Jeep out to Moab in June and quickly found out two things.
1. We loved Moab and the type of offroading that it offers
2. The Jeep the way it sat with a Manual Trans and the minivan engine needed to go!

So... this brings me to the Wayalife Forum!
The 09 Rubi is currently undergoing a complete rebuild as follows.

-6.2L LS3 installed by RMP Extreme in Alabama. Install complete, but due to timing and hurricane issues i have not gotten her back yet (hope to fly down and drive it home next week)
- GM 6L80 transmission (converted from 6 speed manual)
-Terraflex R44 axle housing with my stock components
-Terraflex Upper and Lower Control Arms
- Chrome Moly axles
-Big Front Brakes (not sure which one yet)
-LoD Signature Series Shorty Front Bumper (with Blue Ox tow tabs installed at LoD)
-LoD Destroyer Shorty Rear bumper with tire carrier
- Poison Spyder Aluminum Crusher Flares front and rear (not sure if powder coat black, or paint red.... leaning toward paint red)
- Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers
- Black Rhino Sprocket Wheels
- 37x12.50x17 BFG TA/KM2's

Need to decide on sport cage, really like the Evo sport cage, but can't find anyone who has installed in an 2007-2011... website says it's available, but would like to see someone who has it installed.

Anyhow! Hello again from Chicagoland!

Go cubs

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom