Oil question

ramrod

I have heard some say to stay with conventional oil till about 15-20k and I have heard others say synthetic from the first change. I am quickly approaching that first oil change in the wife's jeep. So conventional or synthetic?

17 JKU Rubi

If I go conventional more than likely will be valvoline. If I go synthetic more than likely will be Mobil 1. But I am sure that is a whole other thread lol. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Ummm thank you for not answering the question. However it did save me the WTF moment when I did go to change the oil.

The point is, there are literally dozens of oil related threads and a simple search will put all of them at your finger tips. While the answer may seem sarcastic, it’s actually the best way to research the forum. At the end of the day, it makes absolutely no difference what oil you decide to use. It’s all marketing and personal preference. As long as it meets the specifications as shown in your owners manual and it’s changed at appropriate intervals, you’ll be fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can't go wrong following the owners manual!

-end of thread...

tumblr_o0zyye9OQP1sztyb3o1_1280.jpg

ramrod

The point is, there are literally dozens of oil related threads and a simple search will put all of them at your finger tips. While the answer may seem sarcastic, it’s actually the best way to research the forum. At the end of the day, it makes absolutely no difference what oil you decide to use. It’s all marketing and personal preference. As long as it meets the specifications as shown in your owners manual and it’s changed at appropriate intervals, you’ll be fine.

I did look and the question I asked I could not find. That's why I asked it. I didn't ask how do you do an oil change. I asked for opinions between conditional oil and synthetic. But I guess since I bought a used Jeep and the owners manual isn't not in the glovebox that means I can't bother to ask any questions. If you don't wanna bother yourself with a lowly response the just move on by no need to be an asshole.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
These days it probably doesn't matter a whole lot, synthetics have advantages, but the quality of traditional oils has improved over the years so you should be fine with either. I think the frequency of oil changes will have as much impact as synth or traditional oils. You could also probably find the owners manual recommendations online.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

This won't take long...

Haha

I did look and the question I asked I could not find. That's why I asked it. I didn't ask how do you do an oil change. I asked for opinions between conditional oil and synthetic. But I guess since I bought a used Jeep and the owners manual isn't not in the glovebox that means I can't bother to ask any questions. If you don't wanna bother yourself with a lowly response the just move on by no need to be an asshole.

Oh I get it. You have the resources to figure this out in 30 seconds at your finger tips. Yet we are the assholes. Dont be be a lazy cuck.

Has internet access✔️
Owns an iphone✔️
Capable of making a call✔️
Plays victim card within 3 posts✔️

I'm still trying to figure out what conditional oil is anyway..

ramrod

I guess this forum isn't for the sharing of knowledge but more so the stroking of ego's. Also I am now trying to figure out what a cuck is. I guess autocorrect fucked you too. And now I am an asshole for pointing it out when we all knew that it was autocorrect.

Y'all have a good time sucking each other's cucks

I answered your question in the second post. By also "sharing of knowledge" how to research and form your opinion what will work best for you.
You decided to be a bitch about it.

See yah[emoji112]

After an engine is broken in run whatever you want. Most break in oils contain additives like zinc that provide extra protection. After 1000 miles it doesn't matter. If you do research you will find that most synthetics are actually conventional anyways, Very few are true synthetic. As far as longevity on an engine, as long as you do your changes when you're supposed to both are equally capable. The only caveat I will add to that statement is if an engine has been run with conventional its entire life, it is possible that deposits have formed at spots that would have been leaks in seals, and the detergents used in synthetic can clean those deposits out exposing the leak. You however are talking about an engine that has barely been run and has none of those problems.

When i first bought my jeep i brought it home drained it and put royal purple break-in it, and then when it came time for an oil change i put royal purple 5w20 in it. I only run synthetic oil and then benefits from them are amazing.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I guess this forum isn't for the sharing of knowledge but more so the stroking of ego's. Also I am now trying to figure out what a cuck is. I guess autocorrect fucked you too. And now I am an asshole for pointing it out when we all knew that it was autocorrect.

Lighten up. If you can't take another man throwing a little shade, you may find life hard. If you could have kept from getting your feelings hurt, someone would have answered, and we'd have another engine oil thread, just like the last one, from a couple of weeks back.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Also I am now trying to figure out what a cuck is. I guess autocorrect fucked you too. And now I am an asshole for pointing it out when we all knew that it was autocorrect.

Lol No, autocorrect didn't get the best of him. He described you perfectly.

IMG_0602.JPG

JeepFan

Hooked
I thought this thread ended! :thinking: If you don't have an owners manual go to mopar.com and download it. I believe the OM talks about the use of synthetic oil. :yup: Cheers! :beer:

Top Bottom