Long Arm Lift vs Metacloak Prolignment & DB3 Drop Brackets on JKU????

Bombero37a

I've been on the fence now for a while on weather to get a long arm on my JKU. I'm currently running all 8 Synergy adjustable control arms with 4" EVO plush ride coils and Fox 4-6" 2.0 reservoir shocks. Even though I don't need to, I'd like to add 2 more inches of lift. I see that Metacloak makes the Prolignment front CA brackets https://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Wrangler-HD-Control-Arm-Pro-lignment-Kit-p/7073.htm?CartID=1 and the DB3 Rear CA brackets https://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Rear-Control-Arm-Correction-Bracket-p/7197.htm?CartID=2

I don't want to spend over $3K on a Long Arm and perhaps the Metacloak brackets could be an option. My rig rides great as it is now but I'd like to go 2" higher and have the proper geometry. Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated.

2010 Jeep Sahara Unlimited; 4" EVO Plushride Coils, Teraflex HD 44 Front Axle, RCV Shafts with Reid Knuckles, 5.38 Gears, Fox 2.0 Reservoirs, Toyo Open Country MT's 38x13.5x20 on 20x12 XD's

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Even though they'll negate the extra ground clearance you gain from the extra 2" the drop brackets would be a better route. I recommend the Rancho drop brackets if you haven't looked at them. I don't think you'd go wrong with the Metal Cloak either if you want that snazzy gold.

WJCO

Meme King
If you're running 38s on a 4 inch short arm lift and you're happy with the ride, leave it alone. That's what I would do anyways.

Bombero37a

Even though they'll negate the extra ground clearance you gain from the extra 2" the drop brackets would be a better route. I recommend the Rancho drop brackets if you haven't looked at them. I don't think you'd go wrong with the Metal Cloak either if you want that snazzy gold.

I was leaning towards the Metacloak so I can just get both front and rears from them.

Bombero37a

I’m not sure what you’re looking to gain in looks, but in my opinion your Jeep looks great the way it is.

'07 JKUR

Thank you sir! My main reason is that my rear sits slightly lower than the front and I'd like to lift the rear to be slightly higher than the front.

J

JKDream

Thank you sir! My main reason is that my rear sits slightly lower than the front and I'd like to lift the rear to be slightly higher than the front.

I'm at 4" right now not 6". The photo is where Im at currently.

Why not just run a spacer instead? That's a ton of lift for 38's (6") and in my opinion would look worse not better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I agree with spacers, your Jeep looks very nice as is and I thought you said it road really well as is, I say don't mess with it and risk losing what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bombero37a

Why not just run a spacer instead? That's a ton of lift for 38's (6") and in my opinion would look worse not better.

I want to add a 2 inch coil spacer in the rear but won't that affect the control arm geometry thus me needing the drop brackets?

J

JKDream

I want to add a 2 inch coil spacer in the rear but won't that affect the control arm geometry thus me needing the drop brackets?
Does the rear really sit that much lower?
A lot of people are running 4" plush rides and while there is some sagging when heavily loaded most make due with a half inch spacer. With that said - your control arm geometry wouldn't change much. The only difference is going to be the angle they sit on since you have adjustables to fix the pinion anyway. The only reason you'd have to run them would be for brake dive, and honestly I'd just look at doing a brake upgrade anyway since you're running 38s.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Personally, I will never run any MetalCloak suspension parts. I've seen too much of their fancy gold parts snap in half like butter. I don't know about you, but I like my control arms to stay in one piece when I'm wheeling my Jeep. :crazyeyes:

+1 for the spacers.

Top Bottom