Run up in New England?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Hey Guys,

I’m up in Rhode Island until November and I’m looking to do at least one trail run while I’m up here. I would really like to do something with a few members if possible. I’ve wheeled in VT and NH before but not in ME or MA.

Let me know if you are interested and we can organize a quick day or a weekend trip sometime in the next 6 weeks. I’ve brought most of my trail recovery stuff with me but not any spare parts. So I’m not looking to do any crazy trails.

Thanks!
-Matt

'07 JKUR

Ktoth87

I'm from Rhode Island myself. Ocean state jeepsters posted off-roading 4 acreage on October 14th. Other than that there aren't many places to go in RI (that I know of) unless you'd like to break some laws

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I'm from Rhode Island myself. Ocean state jeepsters posted off-roading 4 acreage on October 14th. Other than that there aren't many places to go in RI (that I know of) unless you'd like to break some laws

Thank you for the heads-up! I hadn’t looked into the local clubs.

Any chance anyone is doing a run in Maine?

'07 JKUR

I.Y.A.M.Y.A.S.

NE Run

I know this thread is a bit dated, but are you still looking to do a ride in MA? Some friends and I may be headed to Pittsfield next weekend or Old Florida Rd. Either way, it’s pretty much in the same area. Check out this site. It lists the best trails/parks by state.
https://www.partcatalog.com/blog/top-off-road-trails-in-america/
Let me know. Not positive that we are going yet. I gotta find time to swap my driveshafts this week and one of the other guys needs to replace his tie rod. Just thought I’d give you a heads up, in case you’re still interested.

BobNH

I know this thread is a bit dated, but are you still looking to do a ride in MA? Some friends and I may be headed to Pittsfield next weekend or Old Florida Rd. Either way, it’s pretty much in the same area. Check out this site. It lists the best trails/parks by state.
https://www.partcatalog.com/blog/top-off-road-trails-in-america/
Let me know. Not positive that we are going yet. I gotta find time to swap my driveshafts this week and one of the other guys needs to replace his tie rod. Just thought I’d give you a heads up, in case you’re still interested.
Just a heads up, LMFT is closed, likely for good. Not sure if the roads around it are still accessible. And Ride the Wilds is ATV trails. They also likely share some roads, but not as Ride the Wilds. Most of our NH wheeling is Class VI roads (not "classic 6 roads" lol), and Vermont wheeling (unlisted) is mainly Class IV roads.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I.Y.A.M.Y.A.S.

Just a heads up, LMFT is closed, likely for good. Not sure if the roads around it are still accessible. And Ride the Wilds is ATV trails. They also likely share some roads, but not as Ride the Wilds. Most of our NH wheeling is Class VI roads (not "classic 6 roads" lol), and Vermont wheeling (unlisted) is mainly Class IV roads.

I’m not familiar with any of the off-roading in NH, although I probably should get acquainted. I’m planing on buying a home in the N. Conway area (hopefully next year). I was so frustrated for the 7 days I was out there in my wife’s 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk because it was like I couldn’t throw a rock without hitting a Jeep (removable top-type).

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I appreciate you guys posting and recommending a potential trip. Unfortunately I will be driving down to Norfolk next weekend.

On the NH side, I did “Crawling for a Cure” back in 2014 at Backwoods 4x4 Park. It was a small park, but it seemed to be expanding back then. It was relatively cheap to run that day even making a decent donation for the cause. I wouldn’t say anything they had back then was more than a mid-level obstacle (aside from the mud pit which I didn’t do), but it was fun for a day run. The park and the crowd reminded me of growing up north of Pittsburgh.

I did get to do a quick trip up in Vermont last weekend with my my wife’s Dad, but that is the only trip I’ve been able to make while I’ve been in New England. Work schedule hasn’t allowed for much time off.

BobNH

I’m not familiar with any of the off-roading in NH, although I probably should get acquainted. I’m planing on buying a home in the N. Conway area (hopefully next year). I was so frustrated for the 7 days I was out there in my wife’s 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk because it was like I couldn’t throw a rock without hitting a Jeep (removable top-type).
Beautiful area. You will still have to travel a bit from there, even pop over to Maine, because most of that area is National Forest land and closed to wheeled vehicles. There are a few clubs, and one forum specific to exploring the NH region you could look for to find some runs to go on.

BobNH

I appreciate you guys posting and recommending a potential trip. Unfortunately I will be driving down to Norfolk next weekend.

On the NH side, I did “Crawling for a Cure” back in 2014 at Backwoods 4x4 Park. It was a small park, but it seemed to be expanding back then. It was relatively cheap to run that day even making a decent donation for the cause. I wouldn’t say anything they had back then was more than a mid-level obstacle (aside from the mud pit which I didn’t do), but it was fun for a day run. The park and the crowd reminded me of growing up north of Pittsburgh.

I did get to do a quick trip up in Vermont last weekend with my my wife’s Dad, but that is the only trip I’ve been able to make while I’ve been in New England. Work schedule hasn’t allowed for much time off.
Yeah, Backwoods closed for good this year too.

I.Y.A.M.Y.A.S.

Beautiful area. You will still have to travel a bit from there, even pop over to Maine, because most of that area is National Forest land and closed to wheeled vehicles. There are a few clubs, and one forum specific to exploring the NH region you could look for to find some runs to go on.

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

I.Y.A.M.Y.A.S.

I did a few trips to Norfolk back in the late 90’s. Work related. Never got to experience the area. I have some friends that settled in that area recently. I may be heading that way next summer.

Safe travels.

Top Bottom