Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: What do you think I should change or upgrade?

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch supercell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    19

    What do you think I should change or upgrade?

    Here's my jeep. 33 ko2s. 2.5 tf lift with another .5 - .75ish lift from spacers. 1310 fds. bunch o' other small stuff.
    https://i.imgur.com/5AnquCf.jpg
    Here's a little album of some adventures.
    https://imgur.com/a/dumcj

    Think my end goal would be just to sleeve and gusset the dana 30, put in a rear locker, regear, put some 35s on, get a winch, tire carrier, and rear bumper.

    I wheel it in moab, montezuma, grand junction, and rangely mostly, and go camping once in a while.
    Last edited by supercell; 09-26-2017 at 12:28 AM. Reason: adding pictures

  2. #2
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    14,174
    Quote Originally Posted by supercell View Post
    Here's my jeep. 33 ko2s. 2.5 tf lift with another .5 - .75ish lift from spacers. 1310 fds. bunch o' other small stuff.
    https://i.imgur.com/5AnquCf.jpg
    Here's a little album of some adventures.
    https://imgur.com/a/dumcj

    Think my end goal would be just to sleeve and gusset the dana 30, put in a rear locker, regear, put some 35s on, get a winch, tire carrier, and rear bumper.

    I wheel it in moab, montezuma, grand junction, and rangely mostly, and go camping once in a while.
    That sounds like an excellent plan.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  3. #3
    Fresh Catch supercell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    19
    Thanks, I kinda want 37's but can never justify the cost. 35's should be fine.

  4. #4
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,607
    37s are probably great, but 35s are great too!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    14,174
    Quote Originally Posted by supercell View Post
    Thanks, I kinda want 37's but can never justify the cost. 35's should be fine.
    You can have a lot of fun on 35's. You really need a new front axle, to run 37's.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  6. #6
    Addict jeeeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by supercell View Post
    Here's my jeep. 33 ko2s. 2.5 tf lift with another .5 - .75ish lift from spacers. 1310 fds. bunch o' other small stuff.
    https://i.imgur.com/5AnquCf.jpg
    Here's a little album of some adventures.
    https://imgur.com/a/dumcj

    Think my end goal would be just to sleeve and gusset the dana 30, put in a rear locker, regear, put some 35s on, get a winch, tire carrier, and rear bumper.

    I wheel it in moab, montezuma, grand junction, and rangely mostly, and go camping once in a while.
    save money on the sleeves - if the axle breaks it'll still break around the sleeve, the sleeve won't save it.

    gusset the C's, rear locker, regear (no lower than 4.88, 5.13 R&P get too small) and the rest of what you have will get you what you need.

    Save money up for the eventual D44 or Dynatrac PR44

  7. #7
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    14,174
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    save money on the sleeves - if the axle breaks it'll still break around the sleeve, the sleeve won't save it.

    gusset the C's, rear locker, regear (no lower than 4.88, 5.13 R&P get too small) and the rest of what you have will get you what you need.

    Save money up for the eventual D44 or Dynatrac PR44
    Damn. I missed the sleeve part, but Jeeeep is right about that.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  8. #8
    Knows a Thing or Two CharlesC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NE Colorado
    Posts
    931
    1350 FDLyep!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Addict catahoula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    37s are probably great, but 35s are great too!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    295's are funner!
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”


    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

    "Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

  10. #10
    Fresh Catch supercell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesC View Post
    1350 FDLyep!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It's 1310 lol. Good enough.

    So no-one has issues with 5.13 being too small? I'd rather have 5.13, just scared it'll break. Read some threads saying 5.13 is too small.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS