Headunit Questions and Steering Wheel Controls

J

JKDream

Stock 130N took a dump yesterday, only plays sounds for five seconds then cuts out.
Once it dies I can't turn the volume up only down, and the sound is gone until I power it off/on and it does it again.
Looking at replacing with something that has Android Auto - probably the Pioneer 2300NEX.
I know I have to get one of those control boxes for the steering wheel controls, but I can't find the proper part number that I need.
Hoping one of you might know, I was looking at the PAC ones. The Maestro seems expensive for the same thing.
Hoping it isn't something else in the system that broke - but everything leads to the radio itself.

tdougherty81

Stock 130N took a dump yesterday, only plays sounds for five seconds then cuts out.
Once it dies I can't turn the volume up only down, and the sound is gone until I power it off/on and it does it again.
Looking at replacing with something that has Android Auto - probably the Pioneer 2300NEX.
I know I have to get one of those control boxes for the steering wheel controls, but I can't find the proper part number that I need.
Hoping one of you might know, I was looking at the PAC ones. The Maestro seems expensive for the same thing.
Hoping it isn't something else in the system that broke - but everything leads to the radio itself.

PAC rp4-ch11 is the one I'm using right now. Works great with no issues other than when I wired it up I didn't read the instructions thoroughly. Missed where it says to wire the front speakers to the rear/rear to the front. Hands-free calling wouldn't work until I did that.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I've used PAC controllers in several other vehicles (not JK's) and they all were disappointing. Hard to set up, big time lag in button pushing, etc. I have the Maestro in the JK and it's perfect. I really like having the mute feature too (hold volume down button for a second).

Pionner NEX units are great. I have the 8200.

J

JKDream

Thanks for the input all - I think I found the correct one on Amazon.
Do you have to wire anything differently if you have the infinity system w/ sub?
I'm assuming the diagram changes a bit due to the amp.

I just did a new upgrade on my radio and will be doing a write-up, but in the mean time here are the following items u need,

Maestro ADS-MRR and the CHRY-01

Maestro SAT1 Cable

Sirius SXV300

Antena Adapter

Head Unit I have a Kenwood DDX9904S

Didn't get the nav unit as this unit that i purchased will use my phones gps or i can hook up an exsternal gps unit and it saves u a bunch of cash.

Mike-Mike

I have used the PAC rp4-ch11 in my Jeep both a Chinese Android Head Unit and a Sony Android Auto unit, works like a champ

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J

JKDream

Grabbed the RP4-CH11 - thanks for the help everyone. New question - I have the factory Alpine sub/amp. From what I have heard these require a bit of a different wiring method with the front & rear speaker wiring swapped around. Does anyone know/have a write up for this? I surprisingly can't find anything that talks to it online.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

Grabbed the RP4-CH11 - thanks for the help everyone. New question - I have the factory Alpine sub/amp. From what I have heard these require a bit of a different wiring method with the front & rear speaker wiring swapped around. Does anyone know/have a write up for this? I surprisingly can't find anything that talks to it online.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

1st I just wired it up by color matching. Couldn't get hands free calling to work. I couldn't hear anyone until I reread the instructions and it clearly stated for the factory amp you have to wire the front speakers to the rear speakers and rear to the front. I didn't use a write up but you should have wire diagram with color codes.

J

JKDream

1st I just wired it up by color matching. Couldn't get hands free calling to work. I couldn't hear anyone until I reread the instructions and it clearly stated for the factory amp you have to wire the front speakers to the rear speakers and rear to the front. I didn't use a write up but you should have wire diagram with color codes.

Thanks - That's what I was looking for. I heard you wired the rears to front but didn't do anything with the other wire.
That didn't make sense to me.

Top Bottom