Wave from Las Vegas, NV

NVAnvilJK

Came across the Wayalife videos (well done by the way), which lead me to this message board. In joining the forum, I was given a warm welcome and it was suggested that I give a wave to everyone and in conjunction with that wave, I thought a bit about how I got here might be in order.

Initially I purchased our 2014 Jeep JKUR with the intention of towing it behind our RV. My family and I love to travel and have taken our RV and Jeep throughout the Western United States seeing the Country. After seeing several modified Jeeps on the road, and wanting some fun projects (instead of just honeydo's), I began exploring modifications to my Jeep. I had been participating in another message Board which gave me a great deal of insight. Looking through the Wayalife postings makes me chuckle about just how varying opinions can be about different products. In the other forum, brands like AEV, TeraFlex and Metal Cloak are viewed as great products. I see very different views about some of these here. With that said, based upon the input from the other forum and those limited number of guys I know with modified Jeeps, that led me to instal a 3" TeraFlex suspension system with Fox shocks. Given I put 35" tires on, I also changes the gearing to 4.88 which has been great for keeping highway speeds. From what I understand, the TeraFlex suspension and Fox shocks may give a stiffer ride than many may prefer, but to me it does not feel much different from stock and it has softened as time has lapsed. While I have made other modifications, the mechanical aspects remain mostly stock.

As noted, I was initially draw to this forum by the videos of people out enjoying their Jeeps and taking on challenging trails. Still not knowing too many others in Las Vegas with Jeeps, am also interested in getting to know other folks and hitting some trails. Though my experiences, I further hope to continue and upgrade my Jeep.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to hearing about everyone's great experiences on and off the trail.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Welcome to Wayalife. Just because certain brands aren't necessarily recommended here, doesn't mean we care if you run them. Your money, your build.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NVAnvilJK

Agreed. But knowing more now than I did then, I may have gone another way. Always willing to consider the input of others.

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Welcome to Wayalife. Just because certain brands aren't necessarily recommended here, doesn't mean we care if you run them. Your money, your build.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom