WTB: offroad trailer, best with roof top tent

GraniteCrystal

We just got back from Texas Exodus. Overall, it cost us $1200 for Airbnb in Ouray and Moab. Doesn't take too many trips like that to cover the cost of a trailer and rtt.

We're feeling out the option of a trailer with rtt mounted to it. Pros: go anywhere, stay as long as we like, not beholden to reservations, big enough to hold 4-6 people (mostly kids), gets us all our room in the Jeep back, can leave it loaded up at all times and all I have to do is back up the Jeep and connect the trailer.

So, looking to see if anyone is looking to sell theirs.

Also would love to just borrow one for two nights to try it and see how we like it if anyone is open to that.

I'm located in Denver but will be going to Albuquerque, Dallas, and maybe Montana soon.

fiend

Caught the Bug
There are places here in SoCal that rent them. I'll bet there are in your area too. If you can't find one to borrow, maybe rent one for a weekend and test whether it'll work for you.

Brute

Hooked
Thanks Ed. Unfortunately I no longer have family in Seattle. If your trailer finds itself in Colorado, let me know. You like tours though? Suggestions on what to get?

I love it...

And what you get depends on how much you want to spend...be prepared to spend upwards of 20-25k if you want hot water, fridge, stove etc...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I love it...

And what you get depends on how much you want to spend...be prepared to spend upwards of 20-25k if you want hot water, fridge, stove etc...

Hoping for something in the $5k range and then I can mount my Coleman stove, add an ARB fridge, and maybe a solar heated shower. No propane as of now to actually heat large amounts of water for showers. Mostly want it for storage and rooftop tent. A quick and easy Basecamp.

OverKill

There is one in Clarksville, GA, $4900, M101A2 trailer converted. Here is the build link on the expedition portal

Last edited by a moderator:

RedSyndrome

I found mine on craigslist. $2100 for a small 4'x5' box with a tailgate and soft cover. It had a rack and I added a $1500 RTT. It came with 33" off road tires.
I have done the Rubicon Trail, Mohave Rd, and a week at Moab with it. Plus a ton of weekends.

Find one and start small.

Here is a shot from the Rubicon Trail.

P7070008.jpg

Rubicon310

IMG_2961.JPG

I don’t have any inside on a good deal but I can tell you that pulling a trailer is a gamer changer. I leave everything in my trailer. Don’t have to unload/ unpack. I store all of our clothing inside my jk which is great. My trailer has a built in water tank rolling on 35’s with a Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized tent mounted on the top.

Follows me everywhere.

Good luck on your search.

Top Bottom