Benezette Take two

Ddays

Hooked
Seems this is turning into a yearly post. Took a day trip into our mountains here in PA yesterday with the wife to see if we could dig out some new trails trails in an area I've been traveling to since 1970 when my Dad & his buddies bought a hunting camp nearby in Medix Run, Pa. (I was only 7 so I 'ain't that old dammit!). Strange as it sounds I've never used a map to navigate in the area because "I know where everything is". Well, that turned out to be bullshit because we found a TON of new places using the Pocket Earth app on my in-dash I-pad and GPS antenna. We found trails we didn't know even existed. We started out in the Moshannon State Forest on gravel and dirt roads and using the app, found side trails and dirt paths on the map that you'd never think to even try. There's also a ton of wildlife in the area and we ended up in Benezette with all of the tourists to see the Elk .

lake.jpg

pond.jpg

stream 2.jpg

stream 3.jpg

bd1.jpg

t1.jpg

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That looks pretty sweet! Fall in the northeast is the best time of the year.

And I need to bring a rifle back there with me and fill my freezer. Those are some biggin’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That looks pretty sweet! Fall in the northeast is the best time of the year.

And I need to bring a rifle back there with me and fill my freezer. Those are some biggin’s.

Thanks! Yeah, Fall's the best. Was surprised that the leaves were still as green as they were though. Probably peak in a couple weeks.

Great pics and thanks for sharing. Good reminder that I need to get out and explore around here.

There's a couple campgrounds right in Benezette. Both were pretty packed. Really not that far of a trip either. Your kids would really enjoy the visitors center. They have a room full of stuffed native animals & a lot of other activities. Definitely worth a day trip. :thumb:

Great photos! .....and those of us who were 7 or 8 even in 1970 are not that old[emoji106]

Did you run into catahoula? Looks like a good day, I was 5 in 1970!

:clap2: I would say its the age where we're supposed to know what we're doing but my wife would argue that I'm still an immature juvenile delinquent so....:idontknow:

Edit: I thought I saw something sneakin around those beaver lodges and I know Pete's been lookin to get off grid so could be!

Top Bottom