One last Colorado run - Pole Hill

WJCO

Meme King
My wife and I were just talking about trying to fit in one last run before the snow covers the trail. We're planning on doing Pole Hill this Saturday, 10/7. We've never been up there, but have driven past it at least a hundred times. From what I understand, the trail is pretty easy, but it's an all day adventure. We're taking both jeeps. Hoping others will join us. For those who want to join, we will meet in Longmont that morning.

Going:

1)WJCO
2)Jeeeep
3)Slimebones
4)Boardsurfer

Meetup spot: North Walmart off of HWY 66 (Ute hwy) and 287 (Main St). See picture below.
Meetup time: 8:30am MST.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
My wife and I were just talking about trying to fit in one last run before the snow covers the trail. We're planning on doing Pole Hill this Saturday, 10/7. We've never been up there, but have driven past it at least a hundred times. From what I understand, the trail is pretty easy, but it's an all day adventure. We're taking both jeeps. Hoping others will join us. For those who want to join, we can meet in Longmont or Lyons that morning.

man I wish I was closer...I'm itching to get one last run in before winter sets in

GraniteCrystal

Wife works that day. I can see if she can get it off, but probably low odds of me making it. I need to start organizing these things so I can pick the date! :)

WJCO

Meme King
Wife works that day. I can see if she can get it off, but probably low odds of me making it. I need to start organizing these things so I can pick the date! :)

Hope you can make it. Throw out a date and a thread sometime when you're able to go. I'm sure others would join. Or post it on the Denver meetup thread.

Kyle7R

I'm tempted. Hoping I can get my shock fixed on Friday...thay rattle is driving me bonkers.
Do it, we're always game for any adventure. I've got 5 days off every other weekend with my schedule now.

Are the fall colors still pretty good up there? Definitely going out Saturday, but might be headed south to see the colors in full swing.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm tempted. Hoping I can get my shock fixed on Friday...thay rattle is driving me bonkers.

Hope you can make it.

Are the fall colors still pretty good up there? Definitely going out Saturday, but might be headed south to see the colors in full swing.

They were last weekend, but with all the snow up there now, hard to say. I have a friend who was up there a few days ago and said that there was still some colors.

WJCO

Meme King
Need to get "snow plow" Ben up there to blaze the trail. Ha!

I hope Ben joins us, but so far no snow up there. They're supposed to get an inch tonight, but then sunny for the rest of the week and low 60s on Saturday. Should be beautiful. Looking at some web pics, there should be some beautiful views on this trail, and all the high peaks are covered in snow already.

Slimebones

I hope Ben joins us, but so far no snow up there. They're supposed to get an inch tonight, but then sunny for the rest of the week and low 60s on Saturday. Should be beautiful. Looking at some web pics, there should be some beautiful views on this trail, and all the high peaks are covered in snow already.

Even with "some" snow, it will be a beautiful day. Gotta love the Rockies. Always a treat.

Top Bottom