What size Tire

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I have 2 inches of suspension, will have 1-2 inches of body lift, and flat fender flares. In your guys experience, would I be able to fit 34 inch tires? Obviously extended bumpstops. I have 3.73 hearing but will be moving to 4.88 in the next year

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ditch the body lift and then you can run 35’s with just the 2” suspension lift. With both you can prob run 37’s but I still suggest ditching the body lift

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ditch the body lift and then you can run 35’s with just the 2” suspension lift. With both you can prob run 37’s but I still suggest ditching the body lift

OP has a TJ. I’m fairly certain you need a bit more lift to get 35s under one of those.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I wish 🙄. I need the body lift anyways for my LS swap to work without a little modification.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Even with fenders, I think you would rub with 35s. I have 33s on a 2" lift and hi-line fenders, and still rub at full tuck. Picture for reference.

22046814_10215004901134783_7863244883831588422_n.jpg

Ford 8.8 with the artec truss.

Good choice :thumb:

sm31

It's a little OT but have you considered going to 5.13 gears instead of 4.88? The LS swap complicates things a bit but the 5.13's will put you more in line with stock ratios on 35" tires. And with an auto, that ratio would feel pretty great.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Even with body lift and 34's?

I'm not sure, hard to say. I say go for it... worst case scenario, you have to do a little trimming.

It's a little OT but have you considered going to 5.13 gears instead of 4.88? The LS swap complicates things a bit but the 5.13's will put you more in line with stock ratios on 35" tires. And with an auto, that ratio would feel pretty great.

Pinion gear gets pretty small going anything higher than 4.88s.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'd like to but I'm converting to manual at the same time. Plus with a Ford 8.8 and a Dana 30 that's a pretty small pinion.
I'm not sure, hard to say. I say go for it... worst case scenario, you have to do a little trimming.

Pinion gear gets pretty small going anything higher than 4.88s.
That's what I figured. With flat flares I have a little but of extra and I've only been fully flexed once before anyways.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom