finally.....evo level with 2.5 emu in rear

2014siljk

file:///Users/sandrazimmermann/Downloads/IMG_20170320_142617485.jpg

Attachments

• 22195798_10214348093475243_5441126730147512187_n.jpg
    22195798_10214348093475243_5441126730147512187_n.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 243

desertrunner

I feel like with the height you got out of that, and your 315s with stock fenders, looks to me like yoiu could totally run 37s with flat fenders on that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Im really thinking about trying to fit 37s under mine on the evo level kit instead of the full on 3" enforcer.

They should fit with no problem as long as you have enough bump stop.

Not sure if the level kit covers it, but you should relocate your brake lines and either raise or drop your rear track bar to keep the geometry in line with the taller rear springs as well as adding 2" rear bump extensions.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

desertrunner

They should fit with no problem as long as you have enough bump stop.

Not sure if the level kit covers it, but you should relocate your brake lines and either raise or drop your rear track bar to keep the geometry in line with the taller rear springs as well as adding 2" rear bump extensions.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Yeah I figured I would call evo and piece together what I needed out of the 3" kit, and then just get front springs, break lines, rear track bar bracket, and control arms for caster should cover it though. And some hockey pucks for bump stops.
measurement at shock in 21 3/4 inches
to the bottom of the fender is 41 inches,,doesnt mean much but in looking at a little over 3
Ok cool so showing 3.25" of lift with the stock front bumper not bad at all should net anywhere from 2.75-3" on one with a bumper and winch, thanks for the info!

madstiles

Do you really think I need a track bar bracket for that set up
If your not getting bump steer I wouldn't mess with a track bar bracket. When I was at 2.5" I had one and it caused bump steer. You need to keep the track bar and drag link parallel so if you do install one you might need to do a drag link flip also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Do you really think I need a track bar bracket for that set up
We were referring to the rear track bar bracket, which at 2.5-3" may or may not be needed.
If your not getting bump steer I wouldn't mess with a track bar bracket. When I was at 2.5" I had one and it caused bump steer. You need to keep the track bar and drag link parallel so if you do install one you might need to do a drag link flip also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
As stated above i was referring to the rear track bar bracket not the front. And agree with you I wouldn't raise the front track bar unless I was running a drag link flip, which at 3" I'm not sure I would need.

desertrunner

Just wondering about the rear at this point no issues yet just trying to make sure everything is right

is your rear axle pretty centered at that height? If your axle isnt fairly centered you could go with an adjustable track bar to center it and leave it at the stock height.

having your track bars more level will make the jeep ride better but if you raise your rear track bar and not your front then you are going to end up with different roll centers for your front and rear axle which probably will make it ride kinda funny. If you raise both the front and the rear track bars it will ride better but then you will need a drag link flip in the front. which at 3.25" of lift might not be a terrible idea but maybe not necessary.

Im by no means an expert on this, thats just the info i was finding when looking at parts and pieces to do a franken lift on my 2 dr so if anyone has any better info please join in.

if you arent getting a ton of bump steer in the front to make you want a drag link flip and raised front track bar bracket, and you rear axle is fairly centered then nah your good leave it as is. If it rides fine but the rear isnt all that center then maybe just buy an adjustable rear track bar.

I am not 100% sure on what height of lift is the tipping point for raised trackbar brackets but at 3" you could probably go either way

Last edited:
Top Bottom