Beadlocks?

Jeepy

I live in the Seattle area and am looking at my wheel options. I would love to run the atx beadlocks. Has anyone had issues with the law as far as running them on the road? I know they have many look a likes out there so just curious. Its not a daily driver but no trailer and is on the road often. atx-chamber-pro-ii-machined-jeep-wrangler-rubicon.jpeg

Jeepy

This is true. You're going to have more issues with finding a shop willing to balance your tires than you ever will with the law.
I actually work for Les Schwab so I'll have no issues with balance, may even just throw some beads in them and call it good haha.[emoji106]

Ddays

Hooked
I actually work for Les Schwab so I'll have no issues with balance, may even just throw some beads in them and call it good haha.[emoji106]

Beads :icon_crazy:. I tried it even after reading here that they're a waste of time because I can't find a local shop ANYWHERE to balance mine. One shop sold me 4 bags for $20 so i figured what the hell, I'll teach my daughter how to mount a bedrock ring. We did two and it made absolutely no difference. None. Honestly my Coopers were fine up until 70mph or so- then i'd get a slight vibration. Nittos and Toyos are really round, even tires from what everyone's said here so you may not even need them balanced.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Beads :icon_crazy:. I tried it even after reading here that they're a waste of time because I can't find a local shop ANYWHERE to balance mine. One shop sold me 4 bags for $20 so i figured what the hell, I'll teach my daughter how to mount a bedrock ring. We did two and it made absolutely no difference. None. Honestly my Coopers were fine up until 70mph or so- then i'd get a slight vibration. Nittos and Toyos are really round, even tires from what everyone's said here so you may not even need them balanced.

I agree with Jerry, I used the beads in my last jeep and I couldn't stand them. Im running 40inch Nittos on my new jeep and didn't even have to balance them. Its ok up to 85mph:driving:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I agree with Jerry, I used the beads in my last jeep and I couldn't stand them. Im running 40inch Nittos on my new jeep and didn't even have to balance them. Its ok up to 85mph:driving:

Agreed, beads are snake oil at best. As far as tires go, I've never had to balance the Toyo's I've run in the past but wasn't as lucky with Nitto's or at least, in a 37. The 40's were really round and I've had no problems with them. My Coopers are really round as well and I haven't had to balance them either.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
You may be able to convince a store. I did atleast. I said you’re unmounting the wheel and balancing. You don’t need to take them a part. Just balance them like any other tire. And talked to them about how company’s really don’t get wheels approved by dot and inspected anymore they just have to meet spec.

Only thing is I only had vibrations after the wheels got mud in them, so I decided to balance them. But now I have vibrations at higher speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Discount tire has no issue balancing and rotating my 37 BFG muds on Hutchinson’s. But they would not mount or assemble them. otherwise they’ve been awesome and I would not go anywhere else!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom