Anyone running 305/65/17 STT Pros?

JDDK

specs say 32.68 diameter and 12.3 width at 64lbs. tread depth at 21/32.

It appears as this might be lime running a really wide 33 or 34 tire. Tread depth is really up there.
Feedback?

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure what your goal is, but if you're trying to get the biggest tire you can without going to a 35, the 295/70R17 will be taller but the 305/65R17 will be wider.

Untitled.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A 305 is essentially a true 35" tire or at least, one that states as much on the sidewall.

toyotire

a 305/65-17 will be a shorter tire. It will be under a 33" tire but around 12" wide. Not sure I would want a 65 ratio tire on a jeep that was going to go offroad.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
a 305/65-17 will be a shorter tire. It will be under a 33" tire but around 12" wide. Not sure I would want a 65 ratio tire on a jeep that was going to go offroad.

Yes, the "actual" measurement will be under a 33" but a tire that has 33x12.50 stated on the sidewall will also have an actual measurement that is about 31". A tire with 35x12.50 stated on the sidewall will measure about the same size as a 305. Of course, you don't need to take my word for it, here's proof.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/35075-The-Ultimate-TRUE-TIRE-SIZE-Database

So that it isn't missed, when it comes to things like what size tire you can run with what size lift, manufacturers are ALWAYS referring to what is stated on the sidewall of a tire and NOT the "actual" measurement.

JDDK

thanks for the feedback. i read that thread pretty thoroughly and totally understand the printed versus real size. 😁
reason behind my musing is that I currently run km2 mt35s and was looking at staying as wide but maybe just a little less diameter.
time for fresh meats soon and the ole 165k 09jku isnt what she used to be. kinda like my old lady. Still trying to get some life outta her. Thought maybe a small reduction might help...

WJCO

Meme King
thanks for the feedback. i read that thread pretty thoroughly and totally understand the printed versus real size. 😁
reason behind my musing is that I currently run km2 mt35s and was looking at staying as wide but maybe just a little less diameter.
time for fresh meats soon and the ole 165k 09jku isnt what she used to be. kinda like my old lady. Still trying to get some life outta her. Thought maybe a small reduction might help...

If your BFGs are 12.5 wide, a 315/70R17 will be nearly identical. A 295/70R17 will be 12 inches wide but diameter will be roughly an inch smaller.

Top Bottom