Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: WTF - 368 HP 2.0L Turbo I4 JL Wrangler??

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by 19YJ94 View Post
    Said more like around 300 which still is good
    That makes more sense. I just sold a Ford Focus ST that had a 2.0l ecoboost turbo that put out less than 300HP. I also have a BMW 328 also with a 2.0l turbo four that puts out about 255hp. Any number north of 300hp on 2.0l has to be pushing between 16-20lbs of boost and with a lot of boost comes a lot of heat and that would my biggest concern wheeling on a hot day.

I'm no so concerned about torque or lag. These modern turbo engines can reach near max torque sub 2000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    In order for a 2.0 to produce those numbers either it has to be boosted to 20lbs or it needs to be spinning 12k rpms... either way it's not going to be something you want to do on a daily basis, let alone every time you accelerate from a light. Plus trying to wheel delicately while also keeping the turbo spooled up will be a challenge. It sounds really gimmicky to me, but I hope they pull it off though!
    This ^^^ especially in a manual trans....not practical. diesel low end torque and/or v8 swaps will still reign supreme. no 4 cylinder can complete with the low rpm torque that they produce. usable torque is all that matters for us

Quote Originally Posted by kawimoto View Post
    This ^^^ especially in a manual trans....not practical. diesel low end torque and/or v8 swaps will still reign supreme. no 4 cylinder can complete with the low rpm torque that they produce. usable torque is all that matters for us
    True, but I think it’ll be a good while before you see a JL with either of those, if ever. The JK is nice enough to still have manual shift linkages that easily cross over to the GM transmission. Also take into consideration all the other electronic features we haven’t see yet.

I’m sure somebody will do it but doubtful we’ll anything on the scale of what MoTech has accomplished with the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011