Ideas for lifting Dynatrac 60's alone.

LO_Rex

I am about to get started on my Dynatrac Hardcore package install and need advice on how to manage lifting the weight.

Has anyone done this install on their own?

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Floor jacks, carts, and jack stands. I was able to do the install myself, and I can't lift crap.. once you get the axles on some carts they will be really easy to move around. I did use a engine hoist to lift the axles onto the carts, that's probably going to be the hardest part. Those things are heavy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I had the fedex guy put the the crate on two 1000 lbs dollies but the weight caused the wheels to stick to the floor.

I am thinking i will need a shop crane to get each axle out of the crate and on to dollies.

I know they use to. But I think oreileys and autozone rent engine hoist. Or try and find someone that has one

LO_Rex

Floor jacks, carts, and jack stands. I was able to do the install myself, and I can't lift crap.. once you get the axles on some carts they will be really easy to move around. I did use a engine hoist to lift the axles onto the carts, that's probably going to be the hardest part. Those things are heavy

Thanks for the advice. Lifting them out of the crate was my issue. I will look for a local engine hoist rental.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Bust up crate, roll em out of crate, pick up one end up at a time and put on 2 floor jacks. :thumb:

Don't worry about hurting the damn things - hopefully you're gonna be dragging them across rocks and scratching the shit out of them soon. Anything you do in the garage ain't gonna hurt 'em!

WJCO

Meme King
Bust up crate, roll em out of crate, pick up one end up at a time and put on 2 floor jacks. :thumb:

Don't worry about hurting the damn things - hopefully you're gonna be dragging them across rocks and scratching the shit out of them soon. Anything you do in the garage ain't gonna hurt 'em!

I did the same thing with my 44. One end at a time. It was fully assembled with brakes, so I just used the rotors to roll it around until I got in on jacks. Not sure how much heavier the 60 is though.

Ddays

Hooked
I did the same thing with my 44. One end at a time. It was fully assembled with brakes, so I just used the rotors to roll it around until I got in on jacks. Not sure how much heavier the 60 is though.

I'd guess 250ish? They're pretty damn heavy

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, an engine hoist will help a lot to move it around. A couple of floor jacks will help with the final install.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fedex guy said in the crate, the PR44 weighed 455 lbs. :shock: This was fully assembled with knuckles, brakes, etc though.

Sounds about right to me. You should try handling a fully assembled front PR60 - that is some crazy weight to deal with. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom