VIDEO: EVO 1 Rippin' it Up - a 6.1 HEMI Powered King of the Hammers Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is a short clip we made of the Discount Tire and Nitto Tire sponsored EVO 1 tearing across the desert. With it's new 6.1L HEMI and off the shelf EVO MFG Double Throw Down suspension system featuring King coil overs, bypass shocks, new Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle and state of the art EVO Lever cantilever system, this Jeep JK Wrangler has become a true blue King of the Hammers race rig. While we all know how well EVO 1 can crawl through the rocks, I think some of you will be amazed at what you see in this video and that's a 4-door JK Unlimited bombing across big whoops at speeds of 50-70 MPH!! I hope you enjoy.

:cool:

UPDATE: Now available on Vimeo also :cool:

hebbron08

Sick video would like to be able to do something like that some day!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rtguy1

another great video! really backs up all your posts about being able to run scary fast with the dtd system.

Tackerdown

Banned
Man that looks like fun. Was he really pulling away that fast or was that for effect? You said coil overs and am I correct in thinking you put them on after the race , heard something about not being able to use them in the race . Lastly if so did they ride much better than the race setup. Oh and sweet vid.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Man that looks like fun. Was he really pulling away that fast or was that for effect? You said coil overs and am I correct in thinking you put them on after the race , heard something about not being able to use them in the race . Lastly if so did they ride much better than the race setup. Oh and sweet vid.

That's the same exact setup they ran in KOH. Besides the winch line, that is new now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
another great video! really backs up all your posts about being able to run scary fast with the dtd system.

I really don't think people understand just how amazing it is to run a DTD system and, what you see on this clip is exactly that, an off the shelf DTD, long arms and EVO Lever that anyone can buy. :yup:

Oh, with a 6.1L HEMI and 3 speed 727 manual shift automatic transmission, he was really pulling away that fast. On the dry lake, he got up to 95 MPH in no time at all. Running through the whoops, all he needed to do was give a little gas and he was coasting over them at 70 mph.

Regarding coil overs, they are not allowed in the Every Man Challenge as they would give racers an unfair advantage. The EVO TJ was not running coil overs. You can only use them in the main King of the Hammers event and that's what EVO 1, the rig you see in this video was running.

Tackerdown

Banned
mmers Jeep JK Wrangler

Before I die I'm doing that one way if another.I've been 130 + on pavement or oval but that has to be so much more of a thrill.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

...and there you have it,

thats why I bought the DTD for my rig! Its an unbelievable ride flying across the whoops at 40, 50, 60....mph in a daily driven rig. And as Eddie says, this system on EVO1 is an off the shelf set up that you can all run too :thumb:

Nice action shoot there Wayalife Crew!

Tackerdown

Banned
6.1 HEMI Powered King of the Hammers Jeep JK Wrangler

Hmmmm I just don't know anywhere around here that would come in handy . I'm glad I still have time to consider my build , that ability is so enticing . Looks like more reading and understanding in my future.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Badass! EVO1 looks like it currently cannot be driven on the road (anymore) is Mel planning on keeping it that way as a dedicated race rig?

StrizzyChris

Badass! EVO1 looks like it currently cannot be driven on the road (anymore) is Mel planning on keeping it that way as a dedicated race rig?

Sure hope not! That's the whole appeal to Evo1...an all around capable vehicle that's seen on the interstate too IMHO(even though I dont think it was technically street legal before without fenders and all :thinking: )

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
EVO1 is a winner no matter what the challenge. Soon as all the bugs are worked out (maybe that's now) it will be tough to beat in competition and on the trail. I'd also like to see the TJ rip it up next year in the Everyman Challenge.:thumb:

RockyJk

I think ima have to start collecting cans on the side of the freeway i wanna haul ass like that on my jeep!!!

rubicrawl

Hey gcm2 what was the out the door price installed and everything with that Evo long arm rear Evo lever and the dtd system for the front and rear I'm looking around at lifts and I might just go with that setup

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Hey gcm2 what was the out the door price installed and everything with that Evo long arm rear Evo lever and the dtd system for the front and rear I'm looking around at lifts and I might just go with that setup

Probably an arm and a leg! It's quality merchandise!

Hope you have an auto! :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Without axles your probably looking at $20-25k with axles probably $40k.

Top Bottom