2000 Jeep TJ

JohnVan

Hi everyone what do you think about this TJ please help me!

5 speed, 4wd, V6 engine, 4" body lift, 35" tires, fender flares, bumper/push bars rhino coated. 90,000 miles, jeep never been off-road. no rust on the frame, some rust on on the button of the roll cage, the engine run great. what would you pay 6k??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone what do you think about this TJ please help me!

5 speed, 4wd, V6 engine, 4" body lift, 35" tires, fender flares, bumper/push bars rhino coated. 90,000 miles, jeep never been off-road. no rust on the frame, some rust on on the button of the roll cage, the engine run great. what would you pay 6k??

Really? A V6 engine - not a 4.0L I6? Assuming that it was just a typo, that's a low miles TJ and at least in my neck of the woods, they're selling for as much as a used JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it really is only $6K, I'd have to wonder what's wrong with it. If nothing and the owner just doesn't know it's worth double that, you need to get out there and buy it before someone else does.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Also curious about that V6 engine you noted. I'm not a TJ expert, but I don't think they ever had V6s in those.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, I NEVER see a TJ with low miles sell for anything less that double what you're seeing. If it isn't salvaged or stolen, you should jump on it.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
It depends on where he is. There's so many on the west coast up here that they sell for 6-8k in around that condition. I'd still jump on that though because that's the cleanest one I've seen in a couple months for that price.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

It’s the guy from Nigeria selling that isn’t it?

LOL...

Make sure it's legit. My jeep was stolen in May & recovered about 2 weeks later. The moron driving it was NOT the one who stole it. I have pictures of the thief, and so do the cops. He told the police he bought it for a few grand (it's in great shape, with 59k miles and lots of work). Whether he was telling the truth or not, he went to jail for it and now he has a felony on his record. Depending on the laws where you live, etc. You can/will be charged with theft under those circumstances.

Even though he "bought" it without a title, I wonder if that piece of sh*t may have had a better shot at talking his way out of the arrest if he'd said he paid $12k for it.

Top Bottom