Hate light bar wind noise?

whytiptoe

Are you tired of you light bar always make a ton of noise, and the real reason you bought it was to actually use it. Well when not in use take the thing off and store it in the back. You ask your self, “how could you ever do that?”. Well here is the answer....

IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

You ask yourself, “what do you do when it’s off?”. Well you buy an extra end and make it a plug.
IMG_0011.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hate light bars and don't run one anymore but I had found if you rotate them upward it helps a lot.

whytiptoe

I’ve taken down the whistling when i first got it. I’m just talking about a big flat surface hitting the wind at 80 mph every day. I can’t do that noise, but I purchased the light because I do ride on the trail at night.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, Cozdude runs his in owl spotter mode :D

:cheesy: Now that's funny! In addition to the annoying as hell noise they make, what I hate most about light bars are the jack holes who insist on using them on a night run with other Jeeps. I mean, unless you're the guy up front leading, the only thing you're doing is blinding the shit out of everyone else in front of you including your spotter. Of course, I wouldn't really know anything about wheeling at night as I'm always good about getting everyone of the trail before sundown :cheesy:

:cheesy: Now that's funny! In addition to the annoying as hell noise they make, what I hate most about light bars are the jack holes who insist on using them on a night run with other Jeeps. I mean, unless you're the guy up front leading, the only thing you're doing is blinding the shit out of everyone else in front of you including your spotter. Of course, I wouldn't really know anything about wheeling at night as I'm always good about getting everyone of the trail before sundown :cheesy:

Not only this but I feel like there’s been this new thing of people using them on the streets during the day( why would they even do that ) but mostly at night with big trucks/jeeps. nothing like going 45 down a street and being completely blind because of some asshole.

whytiptoe

Oh I completely agree, if your not leading and you do that on me I’ll stop and smack you in the back of the for being stupid.

I like the fact that I can have it up or down and 5 min. You never know when you will need it if there is just two or even worse just you out and you need to see. I’ll have it mounted in the back soon to where it takes up almost zero room like my high lift jack.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not only this but I feel like there’s been this new thing of people using them on the streets during the day( why would they even do that ) but mostly at night with big trucks/jeeps. nothing like going 45 down a street and being completely blind because of some asshole.

You know, I haven't seen this up in my neck of the woods but when I was down in the Vegas area last week, I saw this more than once. As if the desert sun shinning brightly isn't enough light to get you across town :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I completely agree, if your not leading and you do that on me I’ll stop and smack you in the back of the for being stupid.

I like the fact that I can have it up or down and 5 min. You never know when you will need it if there is just two or even worse just you out and you need to see. I’ll have it mounted in the back soon to where it takes up almost zero room like my high lift jack.

Oh, I hope you know I'm not talking about you here and apologize for going off on a tangent. Just got caught up in the discussion and as you know, it can be easy to forget what the original topic was :crazyeyes:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
You never know when you will need it if there is just two or even worse just you out and you need to see. I’ll have it mounted in the back soon to where it takes up almost zero room like my high lift jack.

When do you "need" a light bar?

And let's not open the whole high lift jack debate for now, shall we?

Top Bottom