Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What three Heck Causes This?

Been Around the Block FallonJeeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Well that can't help. Hope you have a good air hammer because getting those bushings out without one is near impossible.
    Actually ordered replacement springs because I thought they were stretched.

They have yet to arrive.

Not sure new bushings will help.

But I'll address this with the vendor before I install anything. If I get more of the same stuff, I'll get another set of springs from another vendor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by FallonJeeper; 10-08-2017 at 02:33 AM.

I sent the tech team photos. I'll see what they say. Don't want to bad mouth the vendor without giving them the chance to get this right.

And thanks for your replies.
    You've confirmed my suspicions.

IMG_20171012_133057.jpeg

Replaced the springs, shocks and shackles so new bushings all the way around.

Vendor said the springs should have never been installed with that gap between the spring bushings and the spring hanger. That definitely was a major contributing factor to the early wear.

Initial test ride is still a bit stiff, but not nearly as stiff as before and no popping, loose steering or collapsing shackle.

I'll get a decent test at the Ultra4 Nationals next week when I'm doing race support/recovery.

Last edited by FallonJeeper; 10-12-2017 at 11:12 PM.