Hound's 17 JKU Gobi Build

Houndy95

Hello, after awhile of being absent due to life I have returned. I have been into jeeps ever since I had bought my 89 YJ. Unfortunately life had other plans and I was forced to sell it. I didn't go that long before I bought my 98 XJ (I know not really a true jeep but I still had a lot of fun building and using it). Now jump forward to Oct 3rd when I went and signed the papers on a 2017 JKU Sport. I chose the sport because both passed jeeps started as base models that I built into what I wanted and felt that was the best way to go this time around. This is going to be a long time project since I really want to enjoy the jeep for what it is as I slowly build it up. I have a long wish list but still have a lot more time I'm going to put into researching what I want to do as I would like to only have to do it once. The general theme for the build is not going to be real crazy more of just a balanced build since I also am using it as a DD for now. I'm sure that will change as I start building since you can never keep things simple ha. I have already done my first addon which is Rugged Ride floor liners front to back. I had these in my XJ and really like how they perform. That is pretty much it for now until I get some time on it to see what I want to change out first. So time for a few pics.
IMG_1784.jpg IMG_1789.jpg IMG_1786 (2).jpg

Houndy95

Thanks! I'm glad I went with the Gobi. The dealer was trying to get me into a silver one but out of all the ones on the lot the gobi stood out the most to me was the right choice.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the purchase! I love Gobi! If the wife and I get a JL that’s probably the color we’ll get. Looking forward to your build.

Houndy95

Thanks! Got a lot of ideas with how to take it, that keep changing everyday. I think my first real investment will be to ditch the stock tires and get something with a more aggressive tread as the stockers are pretty much worthless especially in FL sugar sand.

Houndy95

So not any progress other than adding some Bertact Paracord grab handles for the front and rear. I have made some progress on the wish list for the build. The end goal is 37's but I am going to start small and get some use out of the jeep before that happens. So far this is the start of my build list that I'm sure is going to get bigger as time goes.

LOD mid width signature series front bumper
LOD Stubby rear signature series with door linked tire carrier
LOD signature series rock sliders
Warn Zeon
ARB twin air compressor
ARB Air locker for the rear (keeping the front unlocked until I upgrade to a 44 in the future)
AEV Procal

Still thinking what headlight and fog light replacements I want to go with. I'm leaning towards KC but haven't made my mind up yet.

I am also thinking on going with the Rancho 2" sport kit and getting some 33 MT's. I think this will be a good setup for now as for the time being I'm using the jeep for my DD. It also gives me a chance to do some other mods so I can spread my available funds around vs spending it all on the lift right off the bat. Eventually I plan on a 3 or 4" EVO enforcer lift.

I plan on keeping the stock fenders for a while as well and may end up trimming them or upgrading to some flat ones in the future as well. Not really a priority yet.

That is about it for now. There is no real order to what will come first but if I had to guess it would be the Rancho kit and tires.

Houndy95

Got some goodies from brown Santa today. KC headlights and fog lights and a Cobra 75. More things on order that will be coming in over the next few days. Should have everything to install the CB this weekend. 65451F48-7582-437A-ACC4-1CBF92BDB735.jpg

Houndy95

So I got the KC headlights installed and boy they look great. Can’t wait to try them out. I also got a few more goodies from brown santa today!
photo oct 26, 11 25 03 am.jpg 1702FDF0-D8D4-4AA9-A984-32A46F0F1CB1.jpg

Houndy95

Yeah I couldn’t take the stock ones anymore so a set of cooper stt pro in a 285/70r17 with a evo leveling kit are in order.

Top Bottom