Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get your damn flu shots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    So here is the deal with flu shots... I believe they generally take the 3 to 5 nastiest and most prolific strains of the current season, and then start pumping out the antibodies which I won't go into. But that process takes almost 6 months I believe. In the meantime the flu has gone down south to Australia, Africa, south america... then the virus migrates back to the northern hemisphere.

During this migration it can mutate, and when there is a sever mutation that's generally when people get super sick because the antibodies that defend against it may not pick it up in your system.

Now there is Flu A and Flu B. Flu B is only found in humans and is generally the more mild. Flu A flip flops around between humans, birds, and pigs. Since Flu A can go between species it tends to get bigger mutations... it can jump into birds, mutate and then infect people (bird flu) or go to pigs and then jump back to people (swine flu). With the big interspecies mutations the flu shot can be much less effective, but depends what variety you get as there are usually 5+ different active viruses in circulation.

So really it's all an odds game on what all has changed and what you are exposed to vs what you were immunized against.
    IMG_7103.JPG.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    Ahh yes the good ol' "did you/you should get your flu shot" time of the year. I love being lectured to by pseudo-physicians and societal-do-gooders.

Ha! No shit.
    en hopup veritas

Get your damn flu shots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    So did you?

LoL!
    I got two of them just to be safe.

But I did find this on the IG.

IMG_3677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Fixed it for you...

You sure that was the "flu?"
    Thanks! It was a likely story..haha

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    even if you think you're immune just get one. I get one every year but this year i decided not to.....

If you don't you'll end up like me, waking up with a 101.4 fever, chills, and aches.

This has been a public service announcement from longarmwj

sent from my iphone using wayalife mobile app
    amen, preach bro, preach

Quote Originally Posted by gatorator View Post
    amen, preach bro, preach
    BS - got a flu shot first time last year & ended up with the damn flu for the first time in 6 years.

A lot of people thinking they have the flu don't have it. If you have the flu you can not get out of bed and it feels like you are going to die

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    BS - got a flu shot first time last year & ended up with the damn flu for the first time in 6 years.
    Got one about 5 years ago and had to take a weeks vacation cause I couldn’t get out of bed! F That! I haven’t been sick since!

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    Got one about 5 years ago and had to take a weeks vacation cause I couldn’t get out of bed! F That! I haven’t been sick since!
    Ditto. Got the flu shot 12 years ago when my little sister was born. Was sick for two weeks and couldn’t move. Haven’t had one since and have been fine.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Flu shots are like Steering stabilizers on a JL.

Get your damn flu shots!!!

Someday people will realize that shooting up the population like a herd of cattle is a real bad idea for everyone except the pharmaceutical companies.

Wait, we learned that with cattle and are not doing that to them anymore. Just ourselves.

Just saying....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Last edited by wjtstudios; 11-01-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast