CRAZY things you've seen on Google Earth or Street View

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who spend anytime on Google Earth or use Google Street View, I know you come across some pretty crazy and interesting stuff and I for one would love to see some of them. To kick this thread off, this is a jet plane that I just happened to spot while zooming way into a piece of wide open desert. :crazyeyes:

20171010143841-c41353cf-me.jpg

So, let's see some of the things you've spotted :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
I've seen a couple things that peaked my curiosity but it's been awhile. But in the meantime, this is one that has gone around the internet. People dragging a body and throwing it off a dock.

e9agVwK.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Found it!..haha Can't tell its me but I'm the black spot to the left of my Jeep.

Google Earth Image.jpg

Jeep left not pic left. It would be pic right..haha

Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I've seen a couple things that peaked my curiosity but it's been awhile. But in the meantime, this is one that has gone around the internet. People dragging a body and throwing it off a dock.

Well, that's quite a scene... right outside Amsterdam.

It's not on Google maps anymore if it was. Can't try Google Earth from here.

Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I believe this one actually got circulated enough that it was investigated. They found out it was a wet dog running down the dock to a couple people.

That would make more sense Lol Who drags a bloody body to the end of a dock in broad daylight?

I actually did find the photo on Google Maps now. I just had to click on the pin for the dock and browse the photos of it.

Exodus 4x4

IMG_6269.jpg
This is about halfway between Giddings and Smithville TX. You should google it and read the tree hugger arguments about the guy that owned the land. It’s pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
My house cracks me up, I live at a T in the street, each view is different cars/times but one has the jeep lol.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was stationed there. The story I heard was the barracks were built in WWII. They kept all of the German POW's there so if things went South they could easily have a bomb target.

Sent from my XT1565 using WAYALIFE mobile app

From Wikipedia

"Buildings 320, 321, 322, and 323, at 32.67657°N 117.15827°W, have a swastika-shaped plan view. This went unnoticed by the public from its construction in the 1960s until 2007 when it was spotted in aerial views on Google Earth,"[5] Although landscaping and architectural modifications were to be made to obscure the shape,[5] the June, 2017 imagery, the latest used by Google Earth, shows no substantive change."

Top Bottom