Hello from 29 Palms

Sonic15

How's it going everyone. My title says 29 palms but I won't be there for another 3 weeks. Me and the family are taking a vacation before we settle down there for the next 3 years (Marine Base). I'm looking forward to meeting some SoCal members in the near future so my jeep can see something besides pot holes. I've forced it to live in the concrete jungle for way too long.

JK_0311

ya it wasn't my first choice but it's all good. I haven't been there since 2005.

As long as you know, do not move the tortoises!
"If you absolutely have to, lift them 6 inches above the ground and move them off the trail in their direction of movement"

I hated hearing that brief every time I went to 29 Palms. Great training though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

As long as you know, do not move the tortoises!
"If you absolutely have to, lift them 6 inches above the ground and move them off the trail in their direction of movement"

I hated hearing that brief every time I went to 29 Palms. Great training though.

Lol, it was dumb. I was a FO with 3/11 and we fired so much ordnance on top of that place between arty and air that I don’t see how a single tortoise survived. Other Marines always cringed when someone said 29 Palms but I loved it. Best training.

JK_0311

Lol, it was dumb. I was a FO with 3/11 and we fired so much ordnance on top of that place between arty and air that I don’t see how a single tortoise survived. Other Marines always cringed when someone said 29 Palms but I loved it. Best training.

I was in 3/5, then 1/8. I just visited the stumps in 30 day increments. The training there is unmatched. Spent a lot of rounds and ordinance.

Top Bottom