Thread: 1995 jeep grand Cherokee transmission in limp mode?

Fresh Catch

1995 jeep grand Cherokee transmission in limp mode?

Hi my 1995 jeep grand Cherokee slipped out of drive on way home other day. Turned the motor off and on and stays in 3rd no overdrive. Reverse works but no 1 or 2nd gear. The light stays on the OD button. No check engine light on and no codes coming from it either by key test. Oil was dark so changed oil and filter didnt do anything. Any help would be great. Love my jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthjeep View Post
    Hi my 1995 jeep grand Cherokee slipped out of drive on way home other day. Turned the motor off and on and stays in 3rd no overdrive. Reverse works but no 1 or 2nd gear. The light stays on the OD button. No check engine light on and no codes coming from it either by key test. Oil was dark so changed oil and filter didnt do anything. Any help would be great. Love my jeep
    did you also check the transmission fluid? when was the last time the transmission fluid was drained and replaced?

Similar Threads

1. P2638 Dtc Jeep goes into limp mode
    By deezus in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2017, 09:25 PM
  2. Limp mode .. no CEL??
    By Yeti2013 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2017, 07:17 PM
  3. Limp mode ?
    By stormtroopedjk in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 0