Thread: What air pressure do you go to?

What air pressure do you go to?

With my recent experience losing two tires, partially because I had my pressure down to about 8 lbs... that and the rock!
    I'm curious what pressure people air down to.

For easier trails or for bombing across the desert, I like to be running about 16-18 psi. Enough to soften things up but not so much where sidewall flex becomes or damage like you had becomes a concern. On harder trails were I more traction is needed, 8-10 psi seems to do well for me. In really soft conditions like snow, I'll drop down as low as 4 if needed. Of course, this is something you can only really do if you have bead locks.

For the most part I usually run 15, Since this was the first time running beadlocks I went down to 8. Also I live in the mountains and I'll be interested in how well low pressure does in the snow and ice this winter. I was mostly curious what other people run in various conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    For the most part I usually run 15, Since this was the first time running beadlocks I went down to 8. Also I live in the mountains and I'll be interested in how well low pressure does in the snow and ice this winter. I was mostly curious what other people run in various conditions.
    Just because you can doesn't always mean that you need to or even should. For a trail like Miller, I wouldn't bother going down that low.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I can’t add much to what Eddie said, but if I were flying in the blind on it, I’d keep as much air as possible, as long as I were still getting decent traction.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Just because you can doesn't always mean that you need to or even should. For a trail like Miller, I wouldn't bother going down that low.
    Roger that, just trying out my new toys... thanks for the input