Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank of gas?

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkfan View Post
    Ok But some like the OP (4 door) says he's getting 255 to 260 a tank. And states 15ish.. 260 divided by 22.5 = 11.55 mpg I understand this is when the light goes on, but that would be about 17 gals. Do we really have 5.5 gals when the light comes on? If memory serves me I thought maybe something closer to 2 gals
    My manual says 22 gal tank but even driving around after light goes on for miles I never can fill more than 17.5 gals . Might be a larger reserve

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok But some like the OP (4 door) says he's getting 255 to 260 a tank. And states 15ish.. 260 divided by 22.5 = 11.55 mpg I understand this is when the light goes on, but that would be about 17 gals. Do we really have 5.5 gals when the light comes on? If memory serves me I thought maybe something closer to 2 gals
    I believe the light comes on at 3 gallons. At least that's what I calculated when I ran out of gas.

I don't know if those above are actually calculating MPG or just going off the dash numbers... I know the best I've gotten in mine was around 220-230 miles which is just under 13 MPG.

I could probably get better, but I find it near impossible to set the cruise under 75 MPH. 55-65 I get around 18-22 on a flat road (on the dash) and over 70 on a flat road it displays between 12 and 13 if I recall, so it actually isn't that inaccurate.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Yeah, that’s an interesting point you made. To have a 5 gallon reserve. The average gallons I would put in is right around 17 gallons at every fill up. And I always used the miles divided by gallons method to get my average.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Yeah, that’s an interesting point you made. To have a 5 gallon reserve. The average gallons I would put in is right around 17 gallons at every fill up. And I always used the miles divided by gallons method to get my average.

Yea I think when I'm on "E" I put in about 18 gals. At a certain point the dash won't tell how many miles you have left. It just says something to the affect get some gas NOW. or

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Does anyone run a larger tank at all? Genright or longranger? I would be interested to hear if they are worth the money to get? I get about 400 km a tank, some of the areas we can go are close to 250 Km away with no fuel stations within a reasonable refill distance.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    Does anyone run a larger tank at all? Genright or longranger? I would be interested to hear if they are worth the money to get? I get about 400 km a tank, some of the areas we can go are close to 250 Km away with no fuel stations within a reasonable refill distance.
    I carry 10 extra gallons with me.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    I carry 10 extra gallons with me.

--
    I do have a can I bring too, but it would be nice to have it all in the fuel tank.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

I always have that AEV reserve filled with 7 gallons. I’ve take mine way past what I was comfortable with expecting to run out of gas, and only put 19 gallons in at around 250-260 miles. But that’s the closest I’ve gotten to running it out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Fresh Catch
    Just filled up after the fuel light came on. 297 miles and 17.9 gal.

Jeep has stock 4.10 gears 35” tires and 3.5 “ lift

Fresh Catch
    4.10 3.6 34" ----------------------maybe 300 miles.
    heavy bumpers, winch, and junk in trunk

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast